So if you got the module, your entire display would not show the map of where you are going?
I would like to see the map. That us what I miss just using voice gps from phone.
The screenshots i have seen of the navigation display is itty bitty.. :( I will see if i can find a pic again.
EDIT: It's got nothing on a modern cell phone with full screen map navigation IMO
Chronos-High-Contrast-Navigation-750x450.jpg

Am I correct that this app is useless unless you get the connectivity module installed from dealer?

Useful is the functionality of the google maps based tracking. Results in an overview of all the routes you did (in the app).

The minimalistic navigation feature is ‚funny idea‘ - nothing more. All you can see is a direction arrow, the name of the road and the distance to the next action. Since the last info is displayed in something like font size 2 (extremely small) this is kinda useless for me.

So I added a (looks ugly, but form follows function) ram mount based garmin on the left side of my handlebar. Sun is shining again. Never activated the app a single time since then.

Warm regards
Sven

It just gives a ‘turn by turn’ type navigation. It’s sort of alright, but it’s nowhere near as good as having a phone satnav. Really annoying that it doesn’t keep a list of recent destinations so you have to enter your home address every time you set it for home. It does make a nice log of all your rides, showing a route map, distance and duration. You can also set it to ’avoid motorways’ (freeways) which can make some entertaining diversions. Latest version added ‘what 3 words’ support. Maybe they’ll add full screen in a later version? I’m not sure about all the ‘it should have been included’ type arguments - I mean, they included stuff on the GT over the R, and the price is just higher. Overall, I’d prefer a lower list price and a longer options list.
On the helmet front, I attached a pic of my current favorite.
D25550E9-1CE0-4CF4-A683-E6B46694A0C6.png
026A88D5-36DD-4438-AD9A-C02FB4185DDC.png

Useful is the functionality of the google maps based tracking. Results in an overview of all the routes you did (in the app).

The minimalistic navigation feature is ‚funny idea‘ - nothing more. All you can see is a direction arrow, the name of the road and the distance to the next action. Since the last info is displayed in something like font size 2 (extremely small) this is kinda useless for me.

So I added a (looks ugly, but form follows function) ram mount based garmin on the left side of my handlebar. Sun is shining again. Never activated the app a single time since then.

Warm regards
Sven
And what in US dollars did you pay for this module so that the app is not "useless"?

Same here! Icon Airflite rules :)
How is the noise insulation, fit and finish? I have seen these online but they seem to get very mixed reviews..
A.t.m. i am thinking my next helmet will be Arai, Shoei or Schubert. They cost an arm and a leg, but at least SHOEI, if the RF200 i had is anything to judge by, are worth it in the long run..

Back