maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
Am I correct that this app is useless unless you get the connectivity module installed from dealer?

Last edited:
Yes. It's of no use unless it communicates with the bike.
Thanks for confirmation! Without module, no communication. What a fix! My cell phone, 200 bucks, has gps. The bike couldn't have that same technology to show on dash for same money!?

Last edited:
Thanks for confirmation! Without module, no communication. What a fix! My cell phone, 200 bucks, has gps. The bike couldn't have that same technology to show on dash for same money!?
But wait , it does more... It slices, it dices, it enables you control of a f@cking GoPro?! What a complete waste of engineering. It's a Bluetooth module that they should have thrown in for sh!ts and giggles but decided to make it an "upsell" on a $30,000 (CAD) bike.

I was looking at it as a replacement for a GPS but based on the interface, the fact that it uses Google Maps but you can't save a route (at least not in Google Maps, maybe in the Triumph App for route planning) makes it all but a glorified "Beeline" alternate . The only other "feature" was the ability to goof off with your GoPro from the thumb button while you're in motion. A real miss in my opinion. I'm sure there are some other "benefits" of it but hardly worth what is already in my cell phone today.

The dealbreaker for me (except it's silly expensive price) is its inability to use the entire center display for navigation. Should be easy enough to let the navigation take the entire display and show speed and revs, either "superimposed" on main screen or on the side panels.
To me it's a great idea that got lost in translation so to speak.

But wait , it does more... It slices, it dices, it enables you control of a f@cking GoPro?! What a complete waste of engineering. It's a Bluetooth module that they should have thrown in for sh!ts and giggles but decided to make it an "upsell" on a $30,000 (CAD) bike.

I was looking at it as a replacement for a GPS but based on the interface, the fact that it uses Google Maps but you can't save a route (at least not in Google Maps, maybe in the Triumph App for route planning) makes it all but a glorified "Beeline" alternate . The only other "feature" was the ability to goof off with your GoPro from the thumb button while you're in motion. A real miss in my opinion. I'm sure there are some other "benefits" of it but hardly worth what is already in my cell phone today.
If you have an extra 300 bucks, module plus install, fine. But I can use phone voice gps through helmet, or if longer hwy rides, use wireless earbuds with phone gps as it cuts wind noise tremendously. Windshield would help, but I like the fighter jet appearance rather than the passenger plane look.😁

The dealbreaker for me (except it's silly expensive price) is its inability to use the entire center display for navigation. Should be easy enough to let the navigation take the entire display and show speed and revs, either "superimposed" on main screen or on the side panels.
To me it's a great idea that got lost in translation so to speak.
So if you got the module, your entire display would not show the map of where you are going?
I would like to see the map. That is what I miss just using voice gps from phone.

Last edited:
If you have an extra 300 bucks, module plus install, fine. But I can use phone voice gps through helmet, or if longer hwy rides, use wireless earbuds with phone gps as it cuts wind noise tremendously. Windshield would help, but I like the fighter jet appearance rather than the passenger plane look.😁
Do you wear a Scorpion EXO Combar helmet as well, to add to the fighter pilot looks? :)
Dark Stig.jpg

Back