My Rocket 3 Ride Videos - fall 2012

mhunt75

.020 Over
Hello Everyone. I wanted to post my first 2 edited Go Pro 2 Rocket 3 ride videos. I just installed some new software and I am testing how far I can push the video settings and still get past You Tube maximums’.

Both of these were taken in the Sun Valley Area of Idaho. I put the music that I was listening to as close as I can to the actual ride. Curves are a lot easier with some music.

Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think. No animals were harmed in this filming. And that 12+ foot Bear I am standing by at the end of both videos seemed to enjoy the work. At least he is smiling…….

Video #1:

http://youtu.be/Ko6WktHjyHY

Video # 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kavFzTP_VWo&feature=channel&list=UL

Ride save Everyone…..

This has been a GREAT year for riding in Idaho. It looks like I will top 8,500 Rocket miles this year. The best part is there was 0 (Zero) commuter miles. All were for pleasure riding only.

I did record a lot of video this year to get me past the enforced hibernation of winter here. I like to watch them when the snow is on the ground and it is cold as hell out. Make the winter pass faster and I get to drink and watch myself Ride.

On the resolution question. 720p hd looks like the most I can send Youtube at this time. I am pretty sure that it is more my video card issue why 1080p is not coming thru. It was recorded in 1080p. It looks like I might have to spend that extra $150 and get a better Video card.

I mount the Gopro on my helmet just above my right ear, so that the shield is not interfered with. The Go Pro has several mounts that you can fit anywhere. I have tried several places on the bike, but it really needs to be up as high as possible to get a good field of view. The GF has it mounted on the top of her helmet and it works well there to. However, if you go over 80mph expect some wind drag on it and you will have to adjust for it.

You did guess the artist on the second video. Good tune for the twisty roads….

Nice! I wish I had one on my cross country this year Will have to get one for next summer. How long can you record with them? I know it varies with the cards etc but what is the longest you can go with good quality etc

Thanks Mhunt and Dennsel,
I plan to have a GoPro next riding season. Winter is fast approaching here in Wyoming too. I rode this weekend like it might be my last.

Well, I just received a new update The NEW Gopro 3 has been announced (1440p-HD). They claim 2x the resolution and 25% smaller and a host of more items that are really nice to have, good update. Bad news is the price is $399, but the good news is retailers are already discounting the Go Pro 2 (which is what I used) for $199. That is $100 bucks off!..

Anyway, To answer some questions. The battery will last about 2 hours of film time. You don't have to shoot every second of your ride. Some parts are just not worthy. The claim is that if you use a 32gig card, you will run out of battery before space. I found this to be true.

But, I purchased 3 extra battery's so that I can keep going. They are about $20 for the brand name and that is what you really want. I had a friend that went no name battery and it is junk and no longer works.

I guess I will purchase the Go pro 3 in spring and just lend out the old one to the rider behind me!

Back