My number came up. I wrecked.

I'm so happy you live to ride another day, as they say. (they are wise bastards) This is why I tell my friends that I wear a full face on a cruiser so that I can tell the paramedic, "I hurt here." not, "aughmshkuh"

Indeed, protective gear on a bike just makes sense. It's more comfortable while riding and it's definitely more comfortable when - heaven forfend - coming off it. A simple back protector can keep one from winding up paraplegic, cheap enough insurance. Of course people make their own choices in life but for me the equation just doesn't add up for riding without cordura, kevlar and armor.

There is kind of an outer body experiance when you crash and survive. You wonder if your dead or really alive.:eek: I crashed the RK back in 2004 when i blew the front tire ,wearing a tank top and luckily a helmet it happen so fast i couldn't comprehend it. I ended up with a real bad case of road rash and a broken wrist. I keep the helmet to show those who don't wear one what would have happened if i wasn't wearing one. Glad your ok don't let it ruin your riding career there are a lot more roads to travel..;):thumbsup:

It's strictly ATGATT for this old tiger. Celebrating 50 years in the saddle early next year and that's the #1 or #2 reason why!

Last edited:
UPDATE

It's been just over a week since I went down and I'm still not sure how I walked away seemingly without a scratch. I've been getting headaches off and on, but they seem to be going away. With the shot I took it's no wonder.

The bike seems to be structurally sound, but everything on the right hand side got banged up pretty good. It's being evaluated by my insurance adjuster. It won't be long till I'm back on the road.

Thanks to every one for your well wishes and thoughts.
Ed.

I'd reckon that you suffered a mild concussion, Ed. Take good care to ensure that it heals up properly and then carry on, you very, very lucky SOB (said with the affection of a fellow lucky bastid)!

Back