My number came up. I wrecked.

Glad your doing OK. Sometimes. going down will scare the ride right out of ya. I've seen it happen. Sounds like your gonna get right back on the beast and continue on the road of live. Some say like above poster, not if but when. I don't believe that. A lot more go through life on two wheels with out a scratch than have a crash. Ya gotta ride like your invisible.

Good to hear your ok and thanks for sharing, it feeds my paranoia and it's that which keeps me alive and upright.

Good to see you are OK , and hopefully storing away the experience as a lesson, that mini second of terror, and adrenaline rush just before impact is what we all feel at these times, and I have to admit it is exhilarating but terrifying at the same time, I think this is the thing that drives Base Jumpers and the like to do what they do.

Glad you were only jolted and not broken on this one. I was just posting last week about wanting to retro ABS onto my 07! The back locks up far too easily, and even more so in a panic I imagine!
Hopefully, you'll be back in the saddle in no time!

Glad you're fine. This is also why ABS is so great - 99.9% of your riding it is not important, but when you need to stop in a hurry it makes all the difference between locking the wheels and not.

I wish I had it but it wasn't a practical option at the time.

Sometimes it's just unavoidable, we humans need a lot of processing time to figure out what's going on. Seeing stopped cars where you expect moving cars can take a while to sink in, and with reaction time being anywhere from 1 to 3 seconds the bike has time move quite a ways before brakes can even be applied.

i am glad you are ok i am glad the helmet kept you from going bald.

I'm so happy you live to ride another day, as they say. (they are wise bastards) This is why I tell my friends that I wear a full face on a cruiser so that I can tell the paramedic, "I hurt here." not, "aughmshkuh"
Glad your doing OK. Sometimes. going down will scare the ride right out of ya. I've seen it happen. Sounds like your gonna get right back on the beast and continue on the road of live. Some say like above poster, not if but when. I don't believe that. A lot more go through life on two wheels with out a scratch than have a crash. Ya gotta ride like your invisible.
I like to say that I ride like an invisible gravity well. Cages both won't see you, and somehow be inevitably drawn towards you.

Good to see you are OK , and hopefully storing away the experience as a lesson, that mini second of terror, and adrenaline rush just before impact is what we all feel at these times, and I have to admit it is exhilarating but terrifying at the same time, I think this is the thing that drives Base Jumpers and the like to do what they do.
I thought I wanted to try sky diving until I got hit by a merging car on my first little bike. Adrenaline is not the reason I ride, apparently.:p

I hope that your lady is ready for the road soon and that she isn't too damaged.

Back