My collection shrinks while I haven't!

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
I have been off line a while. Apologies to anyone posting or sending messages and awaiting my responses as I dropped off the forum but it is time to re-emerge like a phoenix (or a dung beetle) from the effluvia of life.;):roll::roll::roll:
I have been in process of preparing to move back to the a remote bush block in the NT from Canberra and have been unable to commit to usual response and access to the internet.
Family issues with my elderly parents have also kept me pretty occupied and focussed elsewhere with medical appointments etc.
They are both still here and living at home but Mum at 92 is very anxious and like Chicken Little on Steriods.
Dad is 94 with memory issues and has been having falls in the last week and was hospitalised yesterday for tests and has admitted it has made him lose his confidence.

It appears that my first trip back to the NT will not occur until late June now so I have a bit of time to visit the forum.

Been trimming the collection before my eventual return to the NT.
My '79 BMW R100RS sidecar and a heaps of extras that has been in my "family of friends' for the past 35 years is going to a new home.....but staying in the family. My mate of 35+ years is buying it off me with the possibility of return later when settled. He has known and ridden with the original owner and me and is a side car enthusiast too over the years, so it it not too hard to part.
It wouldn't be the same without the 16 year old furry co-pilot I had put down in Nov last year. (But I'm hanging out for a new co-pilot and still have another two sidecars to fit to bikes though! :cool:

I used to have 50 water buffalo on my 250 acres so I might find a new co-pilot yet!;):)
1685094186140.jpeg

ISHRUB!!! GOOD to hear from you... :thumbsup: I understand the "dealing with parents and the associated medical issues"; tis the reason my Bride and I settled in Tucson, Arizona vice Las Vegas... 2 miles from my in-laws. Good to hear your BMW is off to a good home (reminds me of my 1971 Buick Skylark I said I would give to my Uncle "IF" he could get out of hospice care (he loved my car)... needless to say he's had it for the past 10 years...

I'll send you a separate PM to follow-up with our earlier conversation to help you "lighten the load".

Take care!!
-MIG

Hello! Wondering if you may have a sissy bar / seat for a Triumph Rocket III Touring 2011 model? Cheers mate
Yep, new sissy bar, rack and backpad kits in factory box or used, your choice.
I have multiple R3T seat options:
As new stock Triumph one piece dual seat.
As new Black Mustang aftermarket luxury two piece rider bucket with deluxe pillion can be fitted as Solo rider buckets or dual seat. was on for about 100km
As new factory Triumph original accessory deluxe one piece dual seat with riders backrest.

Pics of most AVAILABLE R3T items and lists here.

My MID 90'S oldies are still kickin' and in and out of hospitals and treatments at the moment so I am still here in Canberra next to my offsite bikepart collections and have some time to dig out requests.

ISHRUB!!! GOOD to hear from you... :thumbsup: I understand the "dealing with parents and the associated medical issues"; tis the reason my Bride and I settled in Tucson, Arizona vice Las Vegas... 2 miles from my in-laws. Good to hear your BMW is off to a good home (reminds me of my 1971 Buick Skylark I said I would give to my Uncle "IF" he could get out of hospice care (he loved my car)... needless to say he's had it for the past 10 years...

I'll send you a separate PM to follow-up with our earlier conversation to help you "lighten the load".

Take care!!
-MIG
Sorry again and thanks for your understanding, Yeah still got them leather screen and sissy bar bags here for you and have this week end appt free to get my shizzle together!;):cool:

OK, some some bits of my collection are still expanding!

Well you'll all be sick to death of my very brief reappearances to only once more submerge in the nightmare murky depths of old age .....and it ain't even my own yet!;):roll::roll:

Ticked off one or two of my lifetime bucket list today and further down the road to redemption and my offgrid NT bush block.

Bought myself a toy hauler and home to stick under my shed .....all in one!

Was a race car hauler for a dirt track Sprint car initially built from a car trailer before they stopped racing and converted it into their family camper and toy mover.
Bought for $16000 (US$10,000), $1000 cash deposit, balance in instalments OK, and free storage until Feb 24.
Sadly the deck mower was not included.

Toy Hauler Caravan Trailer Custom Built | Trailers | Gumtree Australia Queanbeyan Area - Royalla | 1317973199

Toy Hauler Caravan Trailer Custom Built

$16,800
Royalla, ACT
Date Listed:21/10/2023
Toy Hauler Caravan Bike Trailer Custom Built

Ready To Tow & Go!
To suit all your weekend adventures.

Metal skinned
Fully insulated and lined including the front tool shed bin
Easy to load and tie down with various tie down positions fixed inside
Dual loading ramps slide into rear bumper
Awning

Inner spring comfortable mattress
Bed pulls out for larger vehicles area or can be raised further. so smaller m/bikes can park under
Sleeping capacity for 4 or 6 possible
10 Months rego/road tax

Kitchen area:
Fan
Evaporative air cooler
Microwave
Fridge - Dual door standing.
Fold out table
TV with inbuilt DVD

1698568989262.png
1698569140481.png
1698569094680.png
1698569005438.png
1698569029071.png
1698569044438.png
1698569067420.png

HansO just contacted me for a chat after his recent retirement and impending caravan safari with Ann. He wants to come North with me in his flash '21 Ford Ranger on my first run with another light trailer for me while I tow my other dual axle tipper trailer I have. Ann has done the far North and Central Australia before and has no wish to tour it again. HansO wants to get Ayers Rock and the Top End off his bucket list before his safari begins.

At least with neither of us riding this time the 2017 Mistress's departure and my R3T's similar fate last Oct are off the cards but I have my 229cc pushrod single Liddle Tiddler registered and I've done 100 mile already flogging it in the hills and mountains round here this week. Lots of 15, 20, 25, 35, 45 mph corners and hills.
Amazing for its lack of power but it leaps up hills at 50mph in 3rd with my 300lb aboard and just holds 60mph in 5th sitting upright without a significant grade or headwind.

It was actually in amazing condition when I finally gave it a clean, stripped the carb, fitted a RamAir 62mm pod to the stock 28mm Mikuni knockoff and it roars! Swapped seats and fitted a rack today I had lying around.

I bought a couple more at auction earlier this year for just Au$400 each, all 2015/2016 models, one had 1654 km from new and the other just 3245. The cleanest one I have was $850 at a different auction, has 6500 km and I kept in stock black but added a tank l strap (guitar straps) I spotted a few years ago with that or similar usage in mind to match my red stripe Rocket.
So with just 1/10th of the Rocket cc it is a real Rocket Minime.

I had a few parts I got in a bundle auction for the Aussie MUTT m/cles when it went broke in 2019. I found all the body, tank, fenders, panels, fitted straight up with a little fiddling and the 3" longer and much heavier rear shocks, seats, H4 halogen headlights all bolted on. The H4s were a good upgrade from 12v globes! Quickly discovered my sidestands were a few inches too short so got a box spanner to sleeve the cut through original. Now upgraded with a $1 bit of pipe from the dump shop so I have put Dad's box spanner back on the wall.

So after tracking down the correct fuel pumps and fuel sensors to blank off tanks and convert to gravity carb use. It looks like I will have three of these fire breathers to match my three Triumphs.

BRAAAAP 1.jpg
BRAAAAP 2.jpg

I have to re-do the lower fender wires on this one. Just set up for sizing.
BRAAAAP 3.jpg
I found an wooden carved coolamon bowl in my collections that matches the paintwork and might make a cool themed flyscreen. Yes I am crazy!
BRAAAAP 4.jpg
BRAAAAP 6.jpg
BRAAAAP 8.jpg
BRAAAAP 9.jpg
BRAAAAP 10.jpg
BRAAAAP 12.jpg
BRAAAAP 11.jpg

Last edited:
HansO just contacted me for a chat after his recent retirement and impending caravan safari with Ann. He wants to come North with me in his flash '21 Ford Ranger on my first run with another light trailer for me while I tow my other dual axle tipper trailer I have. Ann has done the far North and Central Australia before and has no wish to tour it again. HansO wants to get Ayers Rock and the Top End off his bucket list before his safari begins.

At least with neither of us riding this time the 2017 Mistress's departure and my R3T's similar fate last Oct are off the cards but I have my 229cc pushrod single Liddle Tiddler registered and I've done 100 mile already flogging it in the hills and mountains round here this week. Lots of 15, 20, 25, 35, 45 mph corners and hills.
Amazing for its lack of power but it leaps up hills at 50mph in 3rd with my 300lb aboard and just holds 60mph in 5th sitting upright without a significant grade or headwind.

It was actually in amazing condition when I finally gave it a clean, stripped the carb, fitted a RamAir 62mm pod to the stock 28mm Mikuni knockoff and it roars! Swapped seats and fitted a rack today I had lying around.

I bought a couple more at auction earlier this year for just Au$400 each, all 2015/2016 models, one had 1654 km from new and the other just 3245. The cleanest one I have was $850 at a different auction, has 6500 km and I kept in stock black but added a tank l strap (guitar straps) I spotted a few years ago with that or similar usage in mind to match my red stripe Rocket.
So with just 1/10th of the Rocket cc it is a real Rocket Minime.

I had a few parts I got in a bundle auction for the Aussie MUTT m/cles when it went broke in 2019. I found all the body, tank, fenders, panels, fitted straight up with a little fiddling and the 3" longer and much heavier rear shocks, seats, H4 halogen headlights all bolted on. The H4s were a good upgrade from 12v globes! Quickly discovered my sidestands were a few inches too short so got a box spanner to sleeve the cut through original. Now upgraded with a $1 bit of pipe from the dump shop so I have put Dad's box spanner back on the wall.

So after tracking down the correct fuel pumps and fuel sensors to blank off tanks and convert to gravity carb use. It looks like I will have three of these fire breathers to match my three Triumphs.

BRAAAAP 1.jpg
BRAAAAP 2.jpg

I have to re-do the lower fender wires on this one. Just set up for sizing.
BRAAAAP 3.jpg
I found an wooden carved coolamon bowl in my collections that matches the paintwork and might make a cool themed flyscreen. Yes I am crazy!
BRAAAAP 4.jpg
View attachment 127155
BRAAAAP 6.jpg
BRAAAAP 8.jpg
BRAAAAP 9.jpg
BRAAAAP 10.jpg
BRAAAAP 12.jpg
Well I thought I went through alot, all the best and hope everything goes well, YOU ALWAYS done great post and have a lot of knowledge.

Back