My Moto Hobo life

XMas Desert ATV parade:

I am taking over Yuma by force one business at a time.

I passed on the condemned RV Ghost Park though!.

3A53473F-E43F-4CA8-80DE-DEAB52E5050D.jpeg
872E2E0A-2745-4D3B-A284-77A5C50714CF.jpeg
495D14DF-C238-4DDC-B2BD-318EFE04A103.jpeg
6CE39FAF-A4AD-427B-B121-009B7830D92A.jpeg
9AC9F93E-0D2D-4D9D-A100-915FB272A5B9.jpeg
27D20C42-4740-4D01-BEAE-AF310BD10361.jpeg
DA0AAAE6-3310-4CBB-BC88-3ED23A06DB7C.jpeg
36FDE31A-5D1A-49F4-B767-33CCE5E753D1.jpeg
A6A079BF-2A3B-44DF-BC69-8AF7C4FF0ABE.jpeg
24414664-BD41-4AAD-B1CB-F1B75FF08076.jpeg
Why pass, youre a marine Jim, the baddest animal on the planet

I’m here for moral support!

I really wish now that I had hit the road in 2016 after selling off most of my household items in an estate sale.

I burned through a lot of savings that would have covered twice as many years living the nomadic lifestyle.

Oh well, I’m loving it now (except when those •¥£€#%^* generators kick on or the wind picks up).

I am running into a lot of interesting people with interesting stories.

I met two different couples who lived on sailboats in the Caribbean for several years.

The guy next to me is a college professor who backpacked around almost every African country 3 months at a time and now lives in a pickup camper touring America.

Another biker rode to Peru and back by himself and has ridden in many countries in Europe.

Quite a diverse community from the former Army women living in a Subaru up to $250,000+++ Rolling luxury Condos towing $30,000 Jeeps (affectionately called toads).

Lots of dogs from tiny chihuahuas to at least one huge Great Dane.

A few cats too.

So I thought I went through a wormhole or time warp today and thought I was headed to the White Cliffs of Dover.

I was salivating in anticipation of some fresh Fish & Chips in a paper bag.

But alas the illusion was just leftover mining material piled up so I got a Chorizo and Egg burrito instead.

E437CA2D-74A6-4D60-9663-FD4350DBFFF8.jpeg
CEE91A1E-E32E-4902-8ACE-AC76CC588B63.jpeg
80637004-7141-4566-A847-3F1986AAA492.jpeg

Regarding the generators I use a set of noise canceling ear phones as I find at free camps
the back packers and younger gen like to have a drink and party well into the night .

#3. After getting my packages I took a detour to pick up some fresh dates and loaf of date bread and a date shake at the Imperial Date farm store.

As I was drinking my shake I noted that the pickup truck nearby had NY tags.

Not so uncommon as a lot of New Yorkers winter in Arizona but I thought I would say hello and see where they were from.

The gentleman replied Ticonderoga. Huh, say what?
Where are you from he asked?
I am from Ticonderoga too!
Do you mean Tioga? No, Ticonderoga NY.

Mind you, NY is a HUGE state and this town is really small and people don’t tend to stray too far.

Where do you live on Ti I ask.
Chilson he replies. Where did you live before you left? Chilson.

Where on Chilson? The Putts Pond Road.

That is 10 miles from my fathers house and you pass it every day.

No way!
What is your dads name? Jim Hebert.

I used to party with him all the time when we were young and we have coffee together at McDonalds.

What a small world it is sometimes!

This date farm is WAY off the beaten path and he had never been before.

If I hadn’t said hello he would have driven off and we would never know how close we were to crossing paths.

If my phone had worked I probably would have gotten the dates tomorrow when I went back to get the boxes.

Cool.
Youre cool!

#3. After getting my packages I took a detour to pick up some fresh dates and loaf of date bread and a date shake at the Imperial Date farm store.

As I was drinking my shake I noted that the pickup truck nearby had NY tags.

Not so uncommon as a lot of New Yorkers winter in Arizona but I thought I would say hello and see where they were from.

The gentleman replied Ticonderoga. Huh, say what?
Where are you from he asked?
I am from Ticonderoga too!
Do you mean Tioga? No, Ticonderoga NY.

Mind you, NY is a HUGE state and this town is really small and people don’t tend to stray too far.

Where do you live on Ti I ask.
Chilson he replies. Where did you live before you left? Chilson.

Where on Chilson? The Putts Pond Road.

That is 10 miles from my fathers house and you pass it every day.

No way!
What is your dads name? Jim Hebert.

I used to party with him all the time when we were young and we have coffee together at McDonalds.

What a small world it is sometimes!

This date farm is WAY off the beaten path and he had never been before.

If I hadn’t said hello he would have driven off and we would never know how close we were to crossing paths.

If my phone had worked I probably would have gotten the dates tomorrow when I went back to get the boxes.

Cool.
Kind of like you and BMW Dave at Maggie Valley living in the same town.

I like the Enterprise Car Rental logo on the Opinion page.

How is that solar panel working out. Keeping up with your needs?

Back