My Moto Hobo life

This is moot at this point - just meter error I suspect, still stuffed regardless of the absolute value
But think of this way
You measured 6.4 terminal to ground and same from terminal to terminal - that doesn't really compute as if it was REAL resistance, you would have got double pin to pin
I think the 6.4 would be more typically 0.5 or so pin to pin and similar pin to ground in a shorted stator
But again, this is just in the noise here - it is bad if you read ANYTHING other than O/L pin to ground
But simple test for your meter is just short probes together

Safe and sound Guarding Herman’s shop and de-stressing after the past weeks events.

Made a run for his place after breakfast.
It was a beautiful morning but difficult to enjoy when you’re not running well.

He wasted no time in Confirming a short-to-ground situation and bad stator if I observed correctly?

93B251F0-ECD4-4B8E-9B18-C9CE2D4AC083.jpeg
46F22FCC-663D-45AE-B44B-1C9AB8C640F1.jpeg
96B7B3AF-25CD-4767-9026-4C14843115E8.jpeg
one positive is there are no kids racing past kicking up dust into your camper :rolleyes:

Man, this post is better than any "Who Done It" thrillers.

Starts off with the dream, the project design, requirements, then hardware needs and demands. Purchases are made, testing takes place and the dream becomes a reality. The pictures are breathtaking and many of us relived your experiences from the comfort of our homes. The drama increases as problems unfold. The Good Samaritan type nature of this awesome site kicks in with multiple fellows coming to the rescue. The dash to.... (I like to call it freedom) takes place with the ride to Tucson and with battery failing, success finally is at hand.

Man, this is what makes a good novel/story/ thriller. One of my favourite posts this year. Looking forward to "Part 2"

Appreciate the constant updates. Keep us posted and ride safe.

A special thank you to DEcosse and Kevin for the help they have given.
Thank you kevin for sending the tools and explaining how to use them.
This gives me more confidense to get the job done.

I have other multi meters
I will try to use one closer to o ohms
Don't bother too much about it - it doesn't really matter in the great scope of things, it's still 'short' whether than be 0.5, 6, or 10 or whatever

When does the great disassembly begin?
Or waiting for part in hand first?

3. Fighting an internal struggle as to whether to replace the rear Raptor (see #2 above).
- I’m at 23,000 miles for $93 but always get over 25,000 miles on them. That’s a lot of rubber trees that could be saved by waiting a month!!🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

Your nuts and not doing your Math.
Hassle /expense to remove rear wheel and tire even 5,000 miles later is much greater than the measley 'savings'.

$93/28 x 23 = $76.39 used
So just $16.61 of potential rubber left 'wasted' and done while you have the wheel off already anyway. No Brainer, cheapskate! ;) 🤔😁

Back