My Moto Hobo life

I guess the mystery host was too easy to guess.

Mister 1K9 is providing me shelter from the storms rolling in.
Dang! Ya got me, I thought they were a Texas bandit in disguise, not our sweet souled caring medical advisor 1K9!

Who'da thunk he would have a Voodoo doll! ;) 😲:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Last edited:
Update: The AllBallz Crazy Train got caught up in the encroaching winter storm after rerouting to a mystery destination.

Q1. Which is worse:
A. Riding in 50 degree cold.
B. Riding in overcast drizzly weather.
C. Riding into a headwind with side gusts.
D. Riding miles & miles of uneven highway under construction.
E. Running out of gas and waiting an hour in the cold & wind for AMA to send help.
F. Getting stuck in stop & go traffic in a major city.
G. All of the above.

A1. G of course. Guess I should have left Uvalde on Monday!!

Q2. Who can name my mystery host??
Clue: Donald was ripped off.

If you find any cookies, be careful, that's all I'm gonna say....

I bet you wish you got the Igloo model now heh?;):whitstling::laugh:
You got the wrong trailer for that trip North.;)🤔
Igloo Caravane
— in Mirabel, Quebec.
1599527175392.png
Strangely with a little Googlefoo, the specs seem very similar to @tribal 's camper but at 5' wide he would need to steal some extra long mirror stems off a Mod's scooter, ;) :roll::roll::roll:
1599528086333.png

The T42 model (Teardrop for two!)
Base price: $ 9000
Sleep comfortably in a dry place on a tent site!
  • The lightest 5 'x 8' on the market
  • The only teardrop respecting the towing capacities of the manufacturers of the smallest cars in the current fleet.
  • The rear hatch opens onto a kitchen area including a 23 "x 56" counter and space for your kitchen accessories and your cooler.
Capacity and weight

Empty weight: 450lbs
Loading capacity: 500lbs
Tongue Weight: 49lbs

Exterior dimensions
Length: 96 "
Width: 58 "
Overall length: 126 "
Overall width: 74 "

Interior dimension
  • Height 46 "
  • Width 56 "
  • Length 76 "
Standard features
In addition to this, you need to know more about it.
  • Aluminum frame
  • Alloy wheels
  • Dexter® 'Torflex' Pendant Light
  • Stabilizers
  • 1000lbs jack
  • Rot-proof honeycomb composite floor
  • Fiberglass Coating (FRP)
  • Two doors with windows
  • Roof vent
  • LED lighting
  • 120v power outlet in the passenger compartment and inside
  • 12v 20ah battery
  • Smart charger
  • 56 '' x 76 '' mattress
  • Storage space in the passenger compartment
Available options
  • Solar panel
  • Roof vent with 3 speed fan
  • Safe on the drawbar
  • Emergency tire
1599527683201.png
1599528535009.png
1599528561185.png
1599528579561.png
1599528602523.png

I did a lot of research on the teardrop and A-Frame campers.

Other than high cost, you can’t standup in the teardrops and there really isn’t any storage for extended trips. If you put all your gear inside you have to pull it out and cover it up.
I wouldn’t want to be in that hobbit hole for a multi-day storm.
The A-Frames fold out and have a limited area in the center for dressing. I think the sides are still canvas so zero R insulation factor and they probably flap in heavy winds - the same downsides of my pop up.

I have a large propane tank now and would have been fine for a few chilly days down south but not here where it is below freezing for four more nights.

Visa, MasterCard and ATMs are my friends!

I did a lot of research on the teardrop and A-Frame campers.

Other than high cost, you can’t standup in the teardrops and there really isn’t any storage for extended trips. If you put all your gear inside you have to pull it out and cover it up.
I wouldn’t want to be in that hobbit hole for a multi-day storm.
The A-Frames fold out and have a limited area in the center for dressing. I think the sides are still canvas so zero R insulation factor and they probably flap in heavy winds - the same downsides of my pop up.

I have a large propane tank now and would have been fine for a few chilly days down south but not here where it is below freezing for four more nights.

Visa, MasterCard and ATMs are my friends!
Thanks for the info Jim. I am learning a lot from you for my trip around Australia.
Shouldn't have the cold issues though unless I go up to the mountains in winter. the wind issue would be the same here.
I am still thinking about making a trailer and standing up is food for thought.

Rob

Or was that actually South Houston, Texas?
I myself am 'geographically' retentive and I'm sure the great State of Arizona wishes to retain it's reputation for hospitality. ;) :D
Many many moons ago, I used to work tech support for Epson, I dealt with the U.S. lines, I was busy doing a couple of things at once when another call came through, and I quickly seen Tucson as the location of the call, I mis-pronounced the name, as soon as I did it I realized what I had done and before I could apologize and correct myself, I got ripped up one side and down the other for it.
The gentleman then went on to mention how he had visited some towns in Northern Canada in Winter, when it was really cold (September, apparently our season cycle is different to yours, in Northern Ontario), and how some of the town names were pronounced different than they appeared, but he made sure he knew how to pronounce them before going up, because it was the respectful thing to, and us young people had no respect for anything, he then pronounced the towns, Cochrane, Kaspuskasing, Chapleau, and Hearst, and managed to absolutely butcher each one of those names.
Of course being professional at work, I indicated "with all due respect sir, the names of the towns that you mentioned are actually pronounced", and I went through each one, apparently, I didn't know what I was talking about, I had probably never been that far north, and he had to fly in to get there. To which, I could have just let it go, well, no, not really, once again I had to explain "with all due respect sir, (in the most cheerful voice you could imagine), before coming to Epson, I just happened to be living in, oh, Northern Ontario, go figure, and the towns mentioned, I dealt with many people, in many business's, in all those towns, many times, through out many years. YOU'RE WRONG, and apparently a little more disrespectful than you thought.
All i got back after that was a, Uh, Uh, Well, Uh, click

I did learn, never mis-pronounce Tucson though

Back