My click click starter saga

Yes, but that's not the wire I mean. Your wire (I think) is the wire that I drew in the picture. There should be a wire from battery+ to the starter in the harness. The one in the top that I put an oval around. Maybe there is a problem?
A couple of times I had a similar issue with starting. Only, my starter did turn, but very slowly. As if the battery was nearly dead. But the battery is in perfect condition, it starts always perfectly, apart from that one or two times. That made me think of the 12V feed to starter being faulty, since the starter runs on a direct +feed from the battery. I haven't made time yet to check it out on my Rocket, it's been quite a while since I had the issue so not in a hurry....
The + from the battery to the starter, got it. I doubled that one and the - also. The new Toyo starter spins the motor like crazy.

The + from the battery to the starter, got it. I doubled that one and the - also. The new Toyo starter spins the motor like crazy.

Wow I thought it was somewhere in between the ignition and ground on the solenoid. I think I only have one wire on both, I know there's only one big gauge on each, but I did notice a big gauge black wire going down the right side while cleaning it, it has a wire nut on it and it's not connected to anything on that side it right down low by the crank case, I didn't have time to look for the other end, but mine starts fine evertime so far except the night I got it I turned the ignition switch all the way to park and didn't know it was there and didn't realize the back running light was on all night, yeah the battery was dead, jumped it with a power box and bought a cheap charger from harbor freight about $35 2,10,50 amp, works good, used it to hook up Lonelec cable OBD2 tuneECU and download saved the MAP on the ECU. I didn't look to see if you were from the state's, I'm in NJ, harbor freight is a life saver, I bought the jack from them too $100, haven't used it yet, using it soon, got the back break's to do and I want to take both rims off and polish them with this aluminum polish I found on YouTube/ ebay Gords aluminum polish, looks easy, wish me luck, what bike you have?

I see you have the 06 classic, how much did the cat bypass help, I just got the K&N stock airbox filter, the touring models are detuned I read, only 95HP but I think they still have like 150 ft.lbs torque, I'm satisfied but thought a 2.3 l on a bike would be more power, my TB's are off by 20hg at the most, and I haven't checked TPS yet, hoping cleaning the MAP sensor will do something. Do you know what Triumph did to de-tune the R3T, and if I can undo it. Oh it did have the TOR's on it when I bought it, the guy did some messed up wiring with the LED headlight, and aftermarket horn. Well have a good one, be safe, glad you fixed the problem, do you have a higher compression than stock?

I see you have the 06 classic, how much did the cat bypass help, I just got the K&N stock airbox filter, the touring models are detuned I read, only 95HP but I think they still have like 150 ft.lbs torque, I'm satisfied but thought a 2.3 l on a bike would be more power, my TB's are off by 20hg at the most, and I haven't checked TPS yet, hoping cleaning the MAP sensor will do something. Do you know what Triumph did to de-tune the R3T, and if I can undo it. Oh it did have the TOR's on it when I bought it, the guy did some messed up wiring with the LED headlight, and aftermarket horn. Well have a good one, be safe, glad you fixed the problem, do you have a higher compression than stock?
You can undo the detuning with a simple Tune ECU map. Mine came from the original owner with the cat bypass. I have my homebuilt mufflers with a Ram Air and the best thing I've done for it performance wise is a PROPER dyno tune using the Power Commander 5, canned maps are OK and if close is good enough then load a Tune ECU map, if spot on correct is what you want then add a Power Commander 5 and a dyno tune. Mine accelerates hard and still gets good for a Rock mileage.

You can undo the detuning with a simple Tune ECU map. Mine came from the original owner with the cat bypass. I have my homebuilt mufflers with a Ram Air and the best thing I've done for it performance wise is a PROPER dyno tune using the Power Commander 5, canned maps are OK and if close is good enough then load a Tune ECU map, if spot on correct is what you want then add a Power Commander 5 and a dyno tune. Mine accelerates hard and still gets good for a Rock mileage.
wow I just wrote this long reply about all I'm doing and did with the bike and road blocks I ran into and hit the touch pad accidently and it all went gonzo, well nice chatting with you, thanks. GL, be safe, Live To Ride, Ride To Live

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 8
I'm at dozens of starts now without a single click since I unplugged and plugged in the voltage regulator and the relays under the left side cover. I also reseated all the fuses again, I've done that many times.

I'm at a total loss but hey, it's working.

TY Good Day, I'm off all week going to Play with tuneECU, I'll let you know what I come up with 👍

Why not copy the map u want to lap top
Then change the name/number to orignal name/number and dealers will never know. Even if u had a smart dealer u could say how was i suppost to know that they put weird map in my bike.

Back