My baby's gone...

If I were to sit back and add up how much coin I spent I wouldn't be able to ride ever again!..ide be in the funny farm!...It's time for a new journey.

Back in 1978 when I bought my '75 T160 Trident, I used to keep a book with all costs lodged.
Some years later that total had reached $30K Kiwi.
What to do about this as this had far exceeded the value of the bike ? :confused:

I biffed the book .... :D

I guess the reason I asked is sometimes the sale or trade value is so low it might be better to keep it as a second bike.
...i hear that but no...it was a 'reasonable' price i got , well worth the trade. I have some parts which i am selling which will compliment the trade price also...sold my tors and crossover for a grand...have a corbin solo seat and a touring one piece seat i will sell too so it all helps dosnt it?
My mind is already spending money on the new bike...got to have some clamps for the radar detector...maybe a tailbag which will fit better...it's what we do!!!...we're all touched!!

Back in 1978 when I bought my '75 T160 Trident, I used to keep a book with all costs lodged.
Some years later that total had reached $30K Kiwi.
What to do about this as this had far exceeded the value of the bike ? :confused:

I biffed the book .... :D
I’m still married so no book, no records kept, bleach bit all reciepts, she just looks and says, did you always have those and I smile real big and say yup

So jealous! Congrats Tal!
Thanx man...dont be jealous, i dont intend to have that affect but i'm pretty darn excited about it....70 yrs old and buying a new fast bike is a bit out there!....I am fortunate in that i am fit and healthy still so why bloody not i say!..

Thanx man...dont be jealous, i dont intend to have that affect but i'm pretty darn excited about it....70 yrs old and buying a new fast bike is a bit out there!....I am fortunate in that i am fit and healthy still so why bloody not i say!..
So happy for you! Giving hope to me Tal so thank you for going for it at a young 70. Ride it like you stole it brother.

...just love you guys...always supportive...real bruthas...Thanx
We need to have a 'World Rocket Riders Convention' so we can all meet, laugh, argue, drink and enjoy each others company...then do a huge 1000km ride...(dreams are free.) lol.
I can see it now...many many Rockets...tents, band, wet teeshirts(Girls of course!)...pigs on a spit, beer tents..food stalls...ahhhhhh...

Now you have time to catch up on all of your forum reading... and clear out a spot in the house for your new girl... :sneaky:;) CONGRATS! :D
-MIG

Back