My baby's gone...

well folks...this is a very old thread now...started it on the back end of January in fact..
My GT i ordered back then has still not arrived from Thailand!...but wait!!...the ship it is on will be in our country on the evening of the 8th of this month..October..I should have it within a week from there!..I have so much planned to do to it b4 the "Triumph Riders of New Zealand".. Canterbury chapters high country poker run to Cromwell on 31st October.
Im tracking the ship on "Ship Fix"....wish they would put the hammer down!

been over at my cobbers place fiddling around with his 'R' model...took the cover off where the flyscreen goes and had a good look at the wiring in there...going to splice the wiring for my radar detector into the plug in there...looks like a ciggy lighter plug...ran a piece of fishing nylon on to the oil filler cap and tied it to the housing just in case it flies off...not a very solid coupling so erring on the safe side..just 'stuff'...as we do ....

Can't wait for you to get your new beast.

You'll be burning the midnight oil getting it ready. Be more than happy to hold the torch and drink some of your moonshine to make sure you make the start line.

Did a final polish and rode my 2016 Roadster to the dealers...she's gone!!
Signed the papers and cemented the deal on my new 2020 Black GT...thing is it wont be here for a few months.
There will be more Rockets coming on the market as these new ones become available...i had to make a decision..or stand to take a dive on the price....might be wrong but feel thats what will happen. My dealer will not be trading any more Rockets just yet so i was a bit lucky there.
so,...i wait...'Bikeless'. The dealer has offered to give me a bike if i want one for a days ride...we'll see.
Gotta have a rum!!
Its worth the wait
Enjoy

I hope it meets your expectations.
Thanx Doc...i'm sure it will..i have a good m8 with an 'R' model and quietly raves over it...interesting thing is...he's getting 6.2 litres per 100kms mileage out of it which is better than my 2016 Roadster was doing...he rides without useing his brakes much too as is an experience, quick rider...interesting.

Back