Must see Rocket Riders

Ditto on their being no spring chickens in the video. It should have been posted in Sweettennbabe's thread on aging. These gents obviously haven't gotten the message so good on 'em.

At the last a guy pulls up on his Rocket with a custom flyscreen. There is a guy in UK who makes those but I can't remember his name. He wins many awards at the bike shows over there. He made a Union Jack flyscreen for my 07 years ago, the mounting hardware and all. I wish I could remember his name.

Ditto on their being no spring chickens in the video. It should have been posted in Sweettennbabe's thread on aging. These gents obviously haven't gotten the message so good on 'em.

At the last a guy pulls up on his Rocket with a custom flyscreen. There is a guy in UK who makes those but I can't remember his name. He wins many awards at the bike shows over there. He made a Union Jack flyscreen for my 07 years ago, the mounting hardware and all. I wish I could remember his name.

Well there is the age we are and then there is the age we act. Those two do not go hand in hand.:p

Good evening all,
A few answers and observations for you.

The video was shot and produced by a Rocket rider in the UK called Julian Freeman. He stars in the film initially and near the end.

The red 2005 sidecar outfit belongs to myself, and its used regularly by my disabled wife. The footage was shot on the Yorkshire coast, on Scarborough sea front.

Mike T's white bike (with the Corbin beetle bags and batwing fairing) is filmed traversing the steepest road in the UK, the Rosedale Chimney.

Later scenes in the video show members of the R3 Owners Club UK at the National Rocket Run held a mile or so away from the original Triumph factory at Meriden.

The flyscreens that are mentioned are manufactured, hand sculpted, and hand painted by Chris Seers in England. He can be contacted via Facebook, and is well known amongst the UK R3 scene. I own one of his very early Punisher screens. He also makes the Union Jack Bulldog screens. Top quality kit.

There are very few young Rocket riders in the UK. I was 31 when I bought my first in 2005, and was an exception. Most owners are in their forties and older. The reasons, rather obviously, are purchase price, image, maintenance cost, and insurance. Even the stepped licensing in the UK prevents riders from getting on a Rocket until about the age of 25!

Regards,
RichT
(R3OCUK NE Rep)

Cheers to you and your mates, Captain Rich T.

A special shout out to Captain Julian Freeman for the film's excellent production value and his meritorious enthusiasm!:thumbsup:

I believe that several of those riders are or were active at one time on R3riders.com

As stated above.

I have yet to watch vid but a good chance it was from this bloke a member (from the other old .com site) Chris @Evil Bob

Welcome to Custom- Sculpt
Custom sculpted flyscreens

I sold a Punisher flyscreen of his in July '16 for Au$50 after finding it thrown in with a clear Sports screen I bought, but I did not find out it was his work until late last year - @Foggy got a bargain.

For Sale - Or Swaps - Roadster primed fiberglass Flyscreen

Last edited:
Back