MP3/XM Radio player

Gunshots

Nitrous
I attended the International Motorcycle Show in Novi, MI this weekend a saw a clever audio player in the Honda booth. It was a handlebar mounted amplifer that attached to your XM/Mp3/Serius/Ipod radio, the speaker was a tube like affair about 12" long and looked like the head of a remmington electric razor, Mounting hardware for the VTX mounted the speaker unit on the bars where spedo/tach is mounted on the R3. but it lends itself to mounting elsewhere with a little imagination. Very clean look and relativly small compared to most speakers. the control unit mounted off the mirror post, it has large buttons for vol-up, vol-down, mute and on off. Retail price was $400.00 for the unit and another $100.00 for mounting brackets. Not cheap, but there are speakers alone out there running $500.00 plus. I looked on there website for a link but it doesen't appear that they keep it to up to date. However the dealer there from Canton,OH said they had them in stock!

Hey Gunshots,might you get a link to that settup in Canton or the name of the outfit that makes it?I'm no audiophile but do like radio when I ride,mostly AM however which has static issues.:(

The money pit. revisited........

How bad did they (show promoters) rip you this year?? Between the parking and the admin, it was frightful a few years ago. Lots of bucks for a flea market. I went last year on exhibitors passes and it was still a flea market just like the snowmobile shows are/is. Least I didn't have to pay for it. Cokes were a buck for a little one. I didn't even think about a watered down weasel whiz beer....globalization at it's best....:D

I believe Planet Honda is a Nicholson's spin off. "Stack 'em deep and sell 'em cheap". Service after the sale?? What service. Probably be at a new location in a year anyway.

Get the model and call or truck down to Life Cycle and let Jim get it for you. Help them and do yourself a favor.

This is a Hondaline acc'y. Don't know if Jim can get his hands on one or not. I do enough show at place's like the Rock Finanical Bldg. that I don't consider buying there so called Food & Drink. I save the money for bling. But parking was only 5 bucks $13.00 entry. Surprisingly there wasn't much in the line of goodies to buy. mostly just a traveling show? Take the money and move on down the road.

That's the unit that Honda is delivering from the factory. They had them at their demo booth in Daytona this year.

I wasn't real impressed with the controller. It sounded okay but not much volume. I'd have concerns with being able to hear it at 'Rocket Speed'... or highway speeds in traffic.

I haven't spoken to anyone that actually has one and been using it for a while. I'd like to know how they would hold up with rain coming in the speaker grill.

I sent and email to my buddy that's big into VTX, and here's his response...

This system has been discuss, however some had said it is too overpriced. The sound quality is like a tin can which means it lacks bass. I also hear that it is tough to hear when over 60 mph.

That’s about it.

Read the reviews here under customer reviews link.
Link Removed

digital audio system for vtx, 4/21/2007
Reviewed by: anonymous from OHIO

WAS VERY DISSAPOINTED IN IT AND U CANT HEAR THE MUSIC VERY WELL. MIGHT AS WELL HAVE THROWED MY MONEY OUT THE WINDOW. CANT EVEN HEAR IT ENOUGH TO USE IT. NOT WORTH BUYING

Digital Audio System attempt, 3/3/2007
Reviewed by: anonymous from Southern California

Well, it is installed and Im not impressed. The sound is quite twangy and high pitched, scratchy sounding. I wish they would have coupled with Bose to come up with an awesome unit with some bass. Very expensive for what it is. Im very disappointed, costly mistake.
Another point, depending upon the MP3 play etc. you use, it better have a good push from it, or the sound doesnt come through strong either.

Back