MP3 Player on board with Sattilite Radio

Dickint,
Carl from Geneva, FL had a set up. You might look in his album, there might be a pic. He's got his speakers mounted one on ea handlebar. I found that if I wear my full face helmut, I can sing to myself quite nicely! hehe

I like the compact size of those . I wonder how good they sound ? allthough the ones I made are large and a bit of a eyesore they can crank and sound great. I can hear them clearly even at 100MPH.

Cooperman those seem a bit,... er. clunky. Do you have them? I didn't mean they look clunky on your bike. :lol: :wink: I just think they might not be the look I am going for. Actually I have the speakers in the helmet, works fine, but wind noise above 70 makes ear plugs a must. And I always try to go above 70. Way above. :lol: :lol:

Yes Martin I have them. I agree they do look a bit clunky but on a bike the size of the Rocket they don't look too bad. For there size and price I think they are worth it. In the 2005 Hein Gericke catalogue the description is as follows
01-02 HG Mounted Speaker Set with Amp.
Weatherproof speakers with 2 x 15w output, which is controlled by a compact amplifier. ( L x W x H: 75 x 52 x 25mm )
2 speakers inc. cable and connector, 1 amplifier, 1 connecting cable between personal stereo and amp, 1 live wire between amp and battery, 1 amplifier bracket with handlebar clamp.

01 Mounted speakers, black order no. 27008000 £34.99
02 Mounted speakers, chromed order no. 27008001 £45.99

Hope this helps.

I stuck these on cos I can't hear the bloody exhaust anyway (till I buy some decent silencers) and thought I might as well listen to something.
Wind noise is not too much of a problem as I have a large screen.
Rockt3, if you can here yours clearly at 100mph please let me know what you have.

Cheers hope this helps. Cooperman

Mine is a home made deal , some 4" Infinity Kappa car speakers In PVC enclosures driven by a 400 watt Blaupunkt car amp.Got the amp in a leatherlyke bag for now . When I move the air filter going to try to stuff it in under the seat . I have a XM radio But you could use any audio . This thing seriuosly Cranks ask Miami Dave or Joey Fletcher.They have both heard it.

I just use my ipod and wired two dave clark head set speakers in to my full face , works great. I use a ear piece when I use my skid lid in warmer weather. :p

I use a MIT 100 system. It gives me ICS, MP3's, radio comm, and cell phone underway. Plus, the sound is astounding! If you get one, be sure to get the proper adapters for your FRS/CB radios.

Back