Moving pegs forward on GT with TSA installed

Akabigo

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Hello, trying to find the info but having no luck. Have any of you moved your pegs forward on a GT after having TSA installed? I'd like to try the forward position but I'm worried about the shifting. Any advice would be appreciated đź‘Ť

Hello, trying to find the info but having no luck. Have any of you moved your pegs forward on a GT after having TSA installed? I'd like to try the forward position but I'm worried about the shifting. Any advice would be appreciated đź‘Ť
Could you please clarify what you are wanting to do?
It is my understanding that GT comes with forward controls, already. R has mid controls.
Gear shift remains the same, regardless of peg position.

Could you please clarify what you are wanting to do?
It is my understanding that GT comes with forward controls, already. R has mid controls.
Gear shift remains the same, regardless of peg position.
GT has 3 positions for the forward controls. I'm currently in the middle one from the factory. I'd like to move them to the most forward position and see what it's like on longer rides but concerned about the shifter once I extend the rods

Screenshot_20230415-075147.png
Moving GT peg assembly forward requires linkage extension, stored under side cover as per diagram, as far as I can ascertain. (Pic found on this site.)
Should be fairly straightforward. Extension should give linkage required length for quick shift to operate as normal.

Screenshot_20230415-075147.png
Moving GT peg assembly forward requires linkage extension, stored under side cover as per diagram, as far as I can ascertain. (Pic found on this site.)
Should be fairly straightforward. Extension should give linkage required length for quick shift to operate as normal.
I'm not asking for instructions, that's easy. What I'm asking about is doing this with the quick shifter installed. I appreciate you trying to help but I trying to avoid issues with the quick shifter after adjusting pegs forward. Thanks

Last edited:
I'm not asking for instructions, that's easy. What I'm asking about is doing this with the quick shifter installed. I appreciate you trying to help but I trying to avoid issues with the quick shufter5after adjusting pegs forward. Thanks
All good.
I can't see why there would be an issue with the quick shifter after adjusting the peg position.
The Quick shifter is operating normally in the mid position. Correct?
Move the pegs forward. Add the linkage extension. This makes the linkage the same relative length, thus not changing anything, as far as the quick shifter is concerned.
Imagine that you used crutches. You have them set at a comfortable length for your height. Then you put on some platform shoes with two inch soles. Your crutches wouldn't feel comfortable any longer. But if you adjusted the length of your crutches by two inches, you wouldn't notice any difference.
I'm not being facetious, just using an analogy to help visualisation.
I hope that you get it sorted.
Cheers.

If you already have a QS installed at your mid position. Just add the extension. Your bike is already setup so it wont affect anything. I'm full forward with QS and its all good. I just wish the shift peg was a little further forward, Size 12 feet as well as 13 pins and a plate on my heel bone with a nasty scar make for shifting articulation an adventure!!

All good.
I can't see why there would be an issue with the quick shifter after adjusting the peg position.
The Quick shifter is operating normally in the mid position. Correct?
Move the pegs forward. Add the linkage extension. This makes the linkage the same relative length, thus not changing anything, as far as the quick shifter is concerned.
Imagine that you used crutches. You have them set at a comfortable length for your height. Then you put on some platform shoes with two inch soles. Your crutches wouldn't feel comfortable any longer. But if you adjusted the length of your crutches by two inches, you wouldn't notice any difference.
I'm not being facetious, just using an analogy to help visualisation.
I hope that you get it sorted.
Cheers.
Thanks for the info, will try and knock it out this weekend

If you already have a QS installed at your mid position. Just add the extension. Your bike is already setup so it wont affect anything. I'm full forward with QS and its all good. I just wish the shift peg was a little further forward, Size 12 feet as well as 13 pins and a plate on my heel bone with a nasty scar make for shifting articulation an adventure!!
Great, will be doing this shortly

Great, will be doing this shortly
Installed the Quick shift/ez shift myself and then had the dealer do the programming to activate it. For moving the controls up or back you simply need to lengthen or shorten the overall length of the shift rod. You might have to add or remove one of the pieces if you don’t have enough threads for adjusting. Just be sure to make note of where you like your shift lever positioned so you have that same position after moving the foot control and changing the rod length. The quick shift function is based on the programming as set and won’t be effected by any changes you make with foot control location and/or shift rod length.

Back