Douglas

"Ardbeg Man"
Ride
2010 Rocket Roadster with Jardines 2006 Kawasaki Concours
Morning Captains...has anyone seen this new documentary "Why We Ride?" We have one of those "theater pubs" in town where you can see a film while drinking a beer and having pizza. I had great hope for the film as it was heavily promoted but ultimately was disappointed. I found it very dis-jointed and really heavy on this sort of "touchy-feely" element of family cycling. I was hoping for more history of motorcycling. Thought the parking lot would have more bikes...just a few.

Can anyone recommed a good doc on motorcyle history? I would love to see a film on Daytona racing as well...Cheers, Doug

Easy Rider???

I think History Channel's "Modern Marvels" did one about the history of motorcycles awhile back.

Easy Rider???

I think History Channel's "Modern Marvels" did one about the history of motorcycles awhile back.
Actually I have never seen "Easy Rider"...never had cable but I do know that the history channel puts out some good stuff...I'll search Itunes tonight I may be able to rent something good. -Thanks

The World's Fastest Indian.
oh yeah! definatley on my top ten...The choice to use Sir Anthony Hopkins was genius.
On any Sunday .. bit of everything from the days when it was made.

Closer to the edge .. a 3D movie of the IOM race , only a year or two old. The best bike racing footage you'll ever experience.

Now we're talking! thanks TC that "closer to the edge" film sounds like just what the doctor ordered!

Wild Hogs.

Just kidding. Although if you watch Easy Rider you'll get a chuckle out of one scene (actually one moment) in Wild Hogs.

Wild Hogs.

Just kidding. Although if you watch Easy Rider you'll get a chuckle out of one scene (actually one moment) in Wild Hogs.
I went to Madrid, NM, a couple of years ago. It is a nice little town, but now quite touristy because of the movie. The water hole for the swimming scene was totally made for the movie - then removed. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't find the chick who owned the restaurant.

-Wild-Hogs-marisa-tomei-33366701-1024-683.jpg

Back