Moto Guzzi Anyone?

I would do an MGX....but I think on the whole the California better suits my riding needs.

Nice Bike! Dem 'od one of these at Daytona Bike week this year (local dealer). $17,900 special and only 300 miles on it. That carbon fiber looks good on it. Ditto on the bucket list!!

Allow me to make a small comment. The Cali is nice to ride.

But for the casual maintainer they are a real PITA. There are plastic covers over everything. This pushes up professional service times too.
Some of the ancillary parts are not so great - one is the starter motor: it has some plastic parts inside which wear out.
This is all particularly irksome for us older long term Guzzi owners - as we like to tinker.

Rumour has it that the new Guzzis set for announcement soon (new 1100cc engine) will be more like earlier Guzzis.
We shall see. I know who will almost certainly have the first V85TT in Spain. Her husband is my mate with the Guzzi shop.

I purchased last spring a 2008 MG 1200 Sport. Not really a sport bike, more of a sport tour, but not really either, but a whole lot of fun to ride. It is a great bike. The ride and handling is phenomenal. Mine was modified by the PO and has so many up grades to F/R suspension, intake, exhaust, tuning, handle bars. Had the dash replaced to eliminate that problem too. But as it is it really fun to ride and has really good low end and mid range. Just taps out in the top end. I just wish it has 25 to 30 more HP and TQ. Going to look into what can be done this winter.

you can rebuild it to 1400/1500cc using either California 1400cc heads and pistons + some machine milling on your own, or buy the kit from millepercento in Italy. it will grow torque about +30%

Can't believe the prices on the new (old) Guzzi cruisers. 2016 new old stock Eldorados going for $13,500 Canadian and cheaper. Just noticed one 2016 in Quebec with 6100 kms going for $9990 Canadian. The list price for a 2018 Eldorado, Audace, or California is more than a Rocket. Like the fact that they have a 6 speed gearbox, cruise control built in, very bright led taillights, carbon fibre and excellent fit and finish. Don't like the plastic rear fender or the inability to install Easy Brackets with your own bags easily.

2019 Models.
12:00 minute mark for MGX,
16:15 for the Eldorado,
24:00 for the California Tour
28:25 for the Audace.

Well then certainly are beautiful machines. I've always thought so. I saw my first Guzzi in a motorcycle shop in Portland, ME back in 1978. It was a used police bike. Unless my memory is faulty, I believe they had another with an automatic transmission.

I've wanted to have a Guzzi since.

That V85TT is quite sexy, I'd be happy to own one... same goes for the Audace

Last edited:
My dad has a 2014 Cali. He's always wanted one after owning heaps of different machines. Looked nice when he bought it, within 2 years just about every piece of chrome had pitted through and rusted, it now looks like a 15 year old bike which has been left out in the weather. As a bike he loves it - comfortable, enough power for what he needs and good storage. He's bitterly disappointed with the fit and finish. He doesn't wash his bike a he'll of a lot but it's only ridden on weekends and garaged every day (no where near the ocean). He wouldn't but another Guzzi, but if he had to it would be one that was blacked out.

My dad has a 2014 Cali. He's always wanted one after owning heaps of different machines. Looked nice when he bought it, within 2 years just about every piece of chrome had pitted through and rusted, it now looks like a 15 year old bike which has been left out in the weather. As a bike he loves it - comfortable, enough power for what he needs and good storage. He's bitterly disappointed with the fit and finish. He doesn't wash his bike a he'll of a lot but it's only ridden on weekends and garaged every day (no where near the ocean). He wouldn't but another Guzzi, but if he had to it would be one that was blacked out.

Sounds like my Harley. Factory chrome, total chit!

Back