MORE POWER AT 3/4 THROTTLE?

so just so I'm clear,what RPM is this occuring at full thottle?

But its not uncommon in some bikes to have more power at less throttle, You are in essence Giving it more fuel then it can handle in its current guise

Happens throughout whole rpm range, yet it is most explicit when high-speed riding (abt. 80-90 mph). I rarely ride fast (most of the time I keep 60-65 mph when not in traffic), but during weekend I had an excursion with my buddies - only 2 days and 500 miles (most of the time on narrow mountain roads) to cover, so everyone of us wanted to save as much time as possible to arrive to hostel and get stoned earlier on saturday :twisted:
So did I realise that bike pulls harder when throttle is not fully opened, but maybe 10-15 percent shut.
I don't know what is the specific name of the tune I'm running - I'll be at the dealer's to collect and install cat delete as well as to upload TOR's tune, so I'll ask the guys about everything. :)

EDIT: Before uploading the new tune I didn't notice that, but I might not have ridden enough hard to catch it. When the guys uploaded the new tune I felt that the bike has become more "beefy" on lower gears (burnouts during hard acceleration on 1st or 2nd gear- sometimes on slicker asphalt even on 3rd) and has no problem hitting 230 kph or faster (the speedometer is scaled only to 230 kph so I don't know for sure).

I have reported a similar problem, and still haven't got to the bottom of it. I have Tuneboy, PC111 and no secondaries.

My tuner noticed last time it was on the dyno that intermittently Tuneboy would read 100% throttle as Zero, when PC111 was still registering 100%. On the road it's as described above. Accelerating hard at WOT, back off slightly and it accelerates harder. Having the SC means the difference is accentuated. :?

could this be the upper tps % and rpm areas have been set rich so she goes flat on her face verses leaning the beast out. Wayne fattend up my last rows on my tune so she would go rich. I think this is better then achieving a lean out as the rev limiter and speed limiter start cuting fuel early and lean out the bike. I think this is a safer condition then hitting the limiters. But then I have already experienced what happens when you run beyond the fuel pump limits. I am just guessing Later on I will pull up a few different tunes and see if they are set to go rich. Wayne can definetley add to this post.

One thing you can try on a non F/A machine ( less danger if lean); you can set the 100% TP fuel cells the same as the 78% row below 5.5k revs, if it's been an issue effectively making 3/4 throttle the max. Once close to 6k revs,set the full thottle fuel back to normal 100%, as the acceleration will slow ( torque dropping) & the fuelling will "catch up" {re regulators QUOTE But its not uncommon in some bikes to have more power at less throttle, You are in essence Giving it more fuel then it can handle in its current guise }

Back