MORE POWER AT 3/4 THROTTLE?

Jimbeamrye

.060 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic
I need help people......no not that kind of help!, just help me to understand what might be going on with my RIII. I had thought it was my imagination for the longest time but I finally realized that my bike has alot more power output at 90% WOT than at 100%WOT???

As soon as I go past the 90% mark and continue to max, its as if I start letting off the throttle back down to 80%.

How can it be? It does it in every gear and at all times. I am seriously considering having my throttle locked/stopped at 90%. I would do just that, but its killing me wondering....what could be wrong?

Bad TPS.

(that's my default answer for all problems R3)

remove the secondaries and try it again... Mine was hesitant too, even with the 100% tune and once I got rid off them she seems to be running hard all the way through WOT

REGULATOR said:
hmmm

is it chokign out, or you just sayign you have more power?

whats your current setup?

HEAD said:
remove the secondaries and try it again... Mine was hesitant too, even with the 100% tune and once I got rid off them she seems to be running hard all the way through WOT

Juggernaut said:
Bad TPS.

(that's my default answer for all problems R3)

No tuneboy, no cat(D&D exhaust), and stock air filter. The motor does not bog down, it just acts as if I let up on the throttle a bit.

Also please note that it has done this for 2½ years now, I just really noticed it this past weekend while checking my 20 to 70 mph times in 2nd gear. I would like to know what could happen if I remove the secondaries and I don't use tuneboy or pcIII?

Do TPS units ever go partially bad? Or do they either work or don't work? with no middle ground?

Jimbeamrye said:
Do TPS units ever go partially bad? Or do they either work or don't work? with no middle ground?

All the time, 99.9999999% of the reported failures are partial. If it was a total fail, you'd have a CEL.

Yup. I have also noticed the same- fully stock 05 R3. It is the best noticeable on fourth, fifth gear. When maxing the throttle and then slowly decreasing at 80-90% throttle I feel slight boost in acceleration. :roll: :roll:
Don't know which tune I'm running- guys at the workshop have told me that they "didn't like the tuning" and uploaded tune with no limits.

Tapir said:
Don't know which tune I'm running- guys at the workshop have told me that they "didn't like the tuning" and uploaded tune with no limits.

Please clarify..... So does your bike still have the issue now "after" the new tune? Or it did it before and after changing tunes??

Back