...more on the 2020 models

It certainly seems this Rocket is for a 'smaller' couple with the panniers so small they can barely fit their favorite bottle of wine and a change of undies for the B&B in Napa they are heading to. With two up there is no way they can pack for anything over a day out. It's for short rides only. I still want one as it's enough room for me going solo. I'm still on board and very interested. It is what it is and i'm okay with that.

It absolutely would be great for one person touring and until I see one close up Im going to assume from what I can tell its best suited for someone of a smaller stature, and that ain’t me!:)

triumph-rocket-iii-roadster.jpg
2020-Triumph-Rocket-3-GT-touring-cruiser-motorcycle-15.jpg

I'd rather tour on my Roadster than a traditional touring bike, simply going somewhere I find boring, enjoying the trip I love.

If I wanted wind isolation, heated seats, heated grips, to stay dry, pure comfort and a stereo I'd take the convertible. Handles better, goes fast enough, gets better mileage, draws less attention.

We all have different expectations and desires from our bikes, clearly the GT isn't aimed at the full dresser crowd, but then again neither was the R3T.
Well said

Really like the Rocket X. By far the best bike i have ever owned. Have had some issues but even so for a 2015 with 60 thousand showing i can not complain. Hoping the Yamaha Venture Transcontinental will hold up as well. Everything that i have read up on says it will. We shall see come November.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Everyone on here has a good, valid point. This will not be a good long hall touring bike in my humble opinion. I wouldn't want it to ride to NY and back as the luggage space is limited, you will need to stop every 120 miles for gas and the windshield is not optimal for touring. I understand it 'can' be ridden to NY and back but the comforts are not there like a full dressed touring bike. It's a ride to work, run around town and back roads carving bike. Maybe an occasional 800 mile round trip for one or two days overnight type trips. I'm sure it will be a blast to ride and will be a jack of all trades and a master of straight line bursts and mountain carving. The looks of the new Rocket has grabbed me like my first look in 2006 of the 2005 Rocket. Love at first sight.

Back