...more on the 2020 models

I personally dont like the 'Red' they have chosen...maybe a darker red???..I know you can get it in Phantom Black also but i prefer the Gt..
My thoughts exactly, there's too much red (front mudguard) and it's too orange. I originally put my deposit down on a red R, but I've changed my order to a black one. As you say, pity they don't offer the R in the silver.

changed my order to a black one

well here's a black one for your avatar....
2020-Triumph-Rocket-3-R-power-cruiser-motorcycle-2.jpg

Can't get over the long-term teaser build-up that Triumph are giving this bike. When did it start?.....

I suppose sometime shortly they'll put some bikes out for the road testers/magazines etc....anybody have any ideas on this???

I fist heard about it in 2016 from someone who got the info from a Scandinavian dealer. Then in 2107 my dealer went to a meeting and was told almost identical information
November is the month I heard. They will probably get 1 -2 from the first shipment and allow them to be test bikes

The GT is just not what my idea of a touring bike is...especially a two up one. Dinky panniers, b*tch pad to fit a 12 yr olds azz and the biggest issue is no floorboards. At 61, comfort for me and the old lady is what I want. Don't care about all the power just want to be able to do long distances enjoyably and not need the Icy Hot at the end of the day.

The GT is just not what my idea of a touring bike is...especially a two up one. Dinky panniers, b*tch pad to fit a 12 yr olds azz and the biggest issue is no floorboards. At 61, comfort for me and the old lady is what I want. Don't care about all the power just want to be able to do long distances enjoyably and not need the Icy Hot at the end of the day.
It certainly seems this Rocket is for a 'smaller' couple with the panniers so small they can barely fit their favorite bottle of wine and a change of undies for the B&B in Napa they are heading to. With two up there is no way they can pack for anything over a day out. It's for short rides only. I still want one as it's enough room for me going solo. I'm still on board and very interested. It is what it is and i'm okay with that.

I’ve seen a lot of bikes that are better two up platforms than even the old R touring. The big Indians and Harley’s have many more comfort features and a more plush ride than any Rocket IMO. The new Rockets are not fully capable touring machines so I’ll buy one for what is, a powerful one up day bike. The Roadmaster will handle the week long trips just fine.

I'd rather tour on my Roadster than a traditional touring bike, simply going somewhere I find boring, enjoying the trip I love.

If I wanted wind isolation, heated seats, heated grips, to stay dry, pure comfort and a stereo I'd take the convertible. Handles better, goes fast enough, gets better mileage, draws less attention.

We all have different expectations and desires from our bikes, clearly the GT isn't aimed at the full dresser crowd, but then again neither was the R3T.

I get both sides. My Touring is hardly a touring, by current definitions. I think of it as a giant 70s bike. There is a reason it costs $16,000 rather than $32,000. I toured on a 78 CB750, and it was fine, too. But I couldn't see myself ever getting another 8 or 900 lb barge at my age, I'm looking at CB350s lately, lol.

Back