...more on the 2020 models

Few interesting bits of info there on the bikes.

-Footpeg adjustment sounds like a nice feature.
-Bag/back rest details....nice.

GT definitely gets my attention. Simply swap on the R foot controls and I think it's the perfect touring bike.

I personally dont like the 'Red' they have chosen...maybe a darker red???..I know you can get it in Phantom Black also but i prefer the Gt..

upload_2019-9-23_22-11-53.jpeg

The TFC at night.:p

I personally dont like the 'Red' they have chosen...maybe a darker red???.. ..

It looks on paper very close to the original Cardinal Red, but we won't really know till we see one....

Can't get over the long-term teaser build-up that Triumph are giving this bike. When did it start? The TFC .. back in ...??? Then the prelim stuff on the cooking models, and every now and then some more tease.. no prices till 19th. November... no release dates... all yet to come... and not a sign of a bike for delivery yet!!

We're all guessing. Will be around nine months from first info till release.......

I suppose sometime shortly they'll put some bikes out for the road testers/magazines etc....anybody have any ideas on this???

QUESTION FOR YOU HANDLING EXPERTS....

Road testers reckon the current Diavel goes round the bends pretty well. Here's a couple of comparative figures....

Wheelbase Duke 1615 mm. New Rocket 1677 mm

Rake .......... 30 deg. .......... 27.9 deg.

Trail .......... 130 mm .......... 134.9 mm.

Weight ......... 244 kg .......... 291 kg

Similar tyre sizes, similar suspension specs.

How do you think they might compare in handling???????

The Diavel will be more flickable imo and have higher potential lean angles before touching down.

My .02 new vs old geometry:

The new rockets still has silly geometry with a rearward rake (reverse rake) where the rear axle is lower than the front.

Shortening the trail, making the steering angle sharper and slightly shorter wheelbase will certainly make it corner better than the old model (when stock). I imagine the journalists are going to type the following ad nauseum: "a bike this heavy has no right to handle this well" and "somehow by some miracle Triumph have made it's 294kg feel like 194kg once moving". It will undoubtedly be fun to ride.

When you consider the geometry of a RIIIR/Classic/Standard after putting on a 240/55R16 and 140/75R17, plus 1" longer shocks, the geometry numbers are almost identical between the modified RIIIR and the R3R/GT (I know, I've measured mine with such a setup).

It does handle quite well once setup in this manner, but the 240 is always going to be a limiting factor in cornering radius and the weight is always going to hurt flickable perception, that will still be relevant with the new bike.

Back