Want to Buy Mirrors 2015 Roadster, possible floor board trade.

Ishrub said:
Stop it, you will ruin me! ;):eek::D:roll::roll::roll::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ishrub, I feel as though I climbed the mountain to seek truth, wisdom, and counsel of the "ole great wise one" and instead fell into the volcano..... I have mis-spoke, mis-stepped, violated and trespassed where I did not belong. I offer my apologies and will do penance of my sins. To set things right, let me re-iterate to "Landstar" or anyone one else who may not realize the wisdom of your offers. Even though the mirror remedy I mentioned above worked for me, It was not w/o difficulties. When prepping the mirrors, I sanded 3 fingers to the bone, while in the garage working on this project, a stray rabid dog wondered in and bit me, I then became dis-orentated from the paint fumes and fell off the deck and broke my leg. After that I pinched my thumb when tightening the mirrors which caused the Rocket to fall over and spill gas that then ignited from the water heater pilot light and proceeded to burn the house down. In short, the moral of the story: When Ishrub makes you an offer, one should strongly consider before trodding down a less wise path..................... ;)

Last edited:
Ishrub, I feel as though I climbed the mountain to seek truth, wisdom, and counsel of the "ole great wise one" and instead fell into the volcano..... I have mis-spoke, mis-stepped, violated and trespassed where I did not belong. I offer my apologies and will do penance of my sins. To set things right, let me re-iterate to "Landstar" or anyone one else who may not realize the wisdom of your offers. Even though the mirror remedy I mentioned above worked for me, It was not w/o difficulties. When prepping the mirrors, I sanded 3 fingers to the bone, while in the garage working on this project, a stray rabid dog wondered in and bit me, I then became dis-orentated from the paint fumes and fell off the deck and broke my leg. After that I pinched my thumb when tightening the mirrors which caused the Rocket to fall over and spill gas that then ignited from the water heater pilot light and proceeded to burn the house down. In short, the moral of the story: When Ishrub makes you an offer, one should strongly consider before trodding down a less wise path..................... ;)
I know he is the wise one he has helped me a bunch but,
20161022_185130.jpg
I have bought numerous parts from Ishrub, but since I am prior military I will risk the problems that you had with the mirrors and since the bike that I had sold was a VTX it's a kind of morphing the two.

Retro, nice, the VTX F will always be a fond memory for me. Ishrub is a wealth of knowledge and great deals.
DSC01295.JPG

Mate I think your VTX mirrors are great and must confess I do not even have Triumph ones on my Roadster.;):eek::oops::whitstling::whitstling:

I like the large view of these.
Kiwav motorcycle mirrors chrome square aluminum 10mm

Ishrub said:
Stop it, you will ruin me! ;):eek::D:roll::roll::roll::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Excuse if i have asked this before . . .
Did you ever live in the Bend, OR area and ride a V2K?

1olbull, if we have crossed paths, and you owe me money, or have half the winnings of a lotto ticket we purchased together, then yes - I lived in Bend, OR and rode a V2K....... On the other hand, if I owe you money, or am on your black list, then no - Ive never been in Bend in my life and don't know what a V2K is. Kidding aside, yes on the V2K, no on living in Bend. Portland, OR and SW WA have been Home.
KawDSC01449.JPG

If I remember correctly, you've mentioned having been a V2K owner.
For me that bike was a blast, it shared some of the same characteristics as the rocket.

Last edited:
Mate I think your VTX mirrors are great and must confess I do not even have Triumph ones on my Roadster.;):eek::oops::whitstling::whitstling:

Ishrub, agreed on the Kiwav MC mirrors, funny thing on the VTX mirrors - an 07 VTX I had, had a scratched up mirror on one side, I purchased a set (unknown type) off Craigs list that looked similar for $15.00, when I received them, they indeed were the exact same. So one of these went on the VTX which then left me with an extra set, one good & one scratched. Time went by and I ended up with a Valkyrie in the garage, it too had the same mirrors as the VTX and also one good & one scratched mirror. So once again I got into my extra pair and took the good one and changed it out on the Valkyrie. This now left me an extra pair of two scratched mirrors. Fast forward to the Rocket having the stock mirrors and wanting a different mirror. The scratched up pair of chrome VTX mirrors became the prefect candidate to try to repurpose with a little touch up that actually worked out (w/0 burning the house down):rolleyes:.
On a small scale, the hunt, find, repurpose, best deal, of parts, is rewarding. You're resourcefulness and "Shed" as you call it, far surpasses the average ability. My imagination causes me to think one could go into your shed empty handed and ride out on rat rocket put together from 20 years and 6 different models of parts.
( 3:58Johnny Cash - One Piece At A Time (1976) ) I'm thinking Australia could list "Ishrub's Shed" as a national historic site
Seems I read your mention of running Kuryakyn #4357 Ribbed folding Boards on your roadster, was this with using the stock peg mounts and Kuryakyn spline adaptor?

I just got a set of these off of eBay for 46 pound and 20 pence. There is still one pair left at that price.

Seems I read your mention of running Kuryakyn #4357 Ribbed folding Boards on your roadster, was this with using the stock peg mounts and Kuryakyn spline adaptor?

Trust me my shed is no Tardis - just 10'x10'x6'. Amazing how much stuff fits in though if packed away ;)

But yes - stock peg mounts and Kuryakyn spline adaptor, works fine - there are actually about two adaptors that will fit the front and at least one for the rear, one front set was a multi fit spline adaptor shared with a few Japanese bikes. There are details in a thread I posted in and I sold a similar one to @Roscoe recently.

Oops - just read the Kuryakyn web listing.;):oops::oops::oops::oops:

I add to my earlier comment - AT YOUR OWN RISK!;):(
Premium & Ribbed Folding Boards | Floorboards & Floorboard Covers | Pegs & Foot Controls | Kuryakyn
FITMENT NOTES +
Boards should not be installed in place of a footpeg on a peg mount secured with a single fastener and no anti-rotation mechanism. The board will apply too much force and loosen the mount from the bike.

Not sure if this is covered by the use of the correct spline adaptor, but logic suggests it must be or else they would not list a spline adaptor to fit the front peg mounts.

Last edited:
Back