Metzler 240/50/16

cj jeeper

.020 Over

Attachments

• dennis.JPG
    dennis.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 54
Good price on the Metz, not to bad a tyre just that the Avons and Bridgestone are (IMO) better.

Never had Bridgestone on my R3, just what came from the factory on my Bonneville....
My one and only experience with Avon was not a good one, this happened at 600 miles....

Attachments

• avon.jpg
    avon.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 60
The bridgestone's that came on the Bonneville sucked. Exedra Max is a different animal. Very happy with it. Good traction and wears well. The stock metzeler's had little to no traction on wet pavement. Tried Avon's and found them to have little traction in cold weather. Even tried a car tire before the Bridgestone. Now running a 140 Michelin Scorcher up front with a Exedra max on the rear and love. Great traction in all weather conditions and good wear characteristics with both tires. Glad I gave the Bridgestone a try, will stick with this tire combo. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The bridgestone's that came on the Bonneville sucked. Exedra Max is a different animal. Very happy with it. Good traction and wears well. The stock metzeler's had little to no traction on wet pavement. Tried Avon's and found them to have little traction in cold weather. Even tried a car tire before the Bridgestone. Now running a 140 Michelin Scorcher up front with a Exedra max on the rear and love. Great traction in all weather conditions and good wear characteristics with both tires. Glad I gave the Bridgestone a try, will stick with this tire combo. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

So no problem th the Excedra being a little taller?

So no problem th the Excedra being a little taller?

In addition to Paul's comment about geometry, the higher aspect ratio tire corrects the speedo error, it's true after swapping tires, meaning you can reset the TuneECU speedo adjustment to 0 and be dead on. It also provides better traction in wet and cold, and by all reports lasts longer than the Metzler. Compared to the Cobra rear, the Cobra gives a little easier bar effort to initiate a turn because of the shape of the tire, but, the Emax is the better tire in anything but warm (70f+) weather, and the Cobra rear doesn't last long!

Back