Mapping 2005 R3 - But were to start?

OyvindJ

Standard Bore
Ride
R3 2005
Hi all.

My 2005 R3 is sick, so its at the doc at the moment. It started with 2nd throttle stepper motor giving up, so instead of replacing that insanely expencive part, I decided to remove the 3 valves of the 2nd throttle instead. My bike got Cat removed, and I cant find the o2 on the exhaust eighter (how do I check if its disabled?). Pipes and air intake is stock. Current map is 20228.

Obviously this doesnt work very well. It stalls when I accelerate at speed, specially at 4th and 5th. Ive read about all the different setups with maps ect and to be honest Im a bit lost. My bike-doc got a dyno and we are going to run it to see were we are with everything, but this lead to my question:

Should I download a different map that suits the mods better?

Without the stepper to control shallow throttle settings I suggest you unlock the factory main idle screw and increase the idle there to whatever you want. Mine is 850sh cold and 870 warmed up. I choke it with the throttle lock once it starts. If you are going to idle long flick the throttle like in the old days to keep oil flow. Works great for me. My O2 sensor is ON with a by-pass. Tri-pipe, 07 Classic, RamAir/TOR slip-ons, Brit CatDelete, and a HansO tune, tweaked by Warp and Mufasa. I am very happy with it like that. Wish It gave more than 25 mpg but, I can stop for gas just fine. Good luck and have fun.

742dfc80-40d8-4063-bc1d-ea068185b1bf.jpg IMG_0726.JPG shock 444.jpg

Idle is fine, actually had it at a shop to replace both TPS and fix that. Found out later it had other issues, like power loss at speed that Im aiming to fix now. Its like its power dies a bit at 4th and 5th gear.

Would really love a feedback on what I should start with in this case. No cat, no 2nd butterflie valves, stock exhaust.

Is there a map more suitable then 20228? Will be tuned on a dyno, but would be nice to start closer to were it should be.

Back