Well I think I'm going to keep my eyes open for a radiator. Amazon has one for $200.00 shipped from the USA. I am trying to find out for sure it has all mounting holes needed for the OEM shroud. Probably wouldn't be able to get one fixed for that much.

I've read (on here) that at least some of the aftermarket radiators have bolt hole alignment issues, and are of generally poor quality. One of the bosses on the side of my radiator got stressed in the deer crash. I fixed it with JB Weld and it held fine, but I didn't trust it. I bit the big one and bought an OEM replacement. I only get out once or twice a year to do any major riding (RAA). I try to do everything I can to make sure my rig hangs together.

I've read (on here) that at least some of the aftermarket radiators have bolt hole alignment issues, and are of generally poor quality. One of the bosses on the side of my radiator got stressed in the deer crash. I fixed it with JB Weld and it held fine, but I didn't trust it. I bit the big one and bought an OEM replacement. I only get out once or twice a year to do any major riding (RAA). I try to do everything I can to make sure my rig hangs together.
I just just got the same warning about fitment problems. I guess I just keep my eyes peeled for a OEM.

Yeah, I definitely would not trust thread seal of any kind, as the hole isn't actually threaded ( with a tap), though the screw may have cut threads as it passed through.

The China radiators are super inexpensive and fit almost perfectly. Just a little massaging to get it to all line up right, no welding or anything crazy.
I got some input from a guy that bought @Navigator bike and said they fit fine with some nylon spacers from a hardware store. Going to get an opinion tomorrow about repair from one of the only two Radiator shops left in Kansas City tomorrow. So far Teflon tape is doing the job. :):)

Yeah, I definitely would not trust thread seal of any kind, as the hole isn't actually threaded ( with a tap), though the screw may have cut threads as it passed through.
This hole actually is threaded, it was a mounting hole for the shroud that I put too long a bolt in and it punched into the the top of the radiator.

I used epoxy, marine epoxy i believe to seal a split rail on my sdr.
The hole in your rad will see like small fry if you can't resist the urge to wheelie the beast ? Dry sump and vertical engine is really a bad combo as your bearings are drip fed , backwards drip is a bad thing ! Get a playbike for the wheelies and keep the R3 grounded ! :thumbsup:

Back