major electrical gremlins post handlebar change

Just a hunch but could you have disturbed the wires and attachments inside the throttle grip assembly?

I am thinking a power short is making the front end live.
I am thinking along the same lines but slightly different double check that you have not pinched or stretched a wire harness somewhere it may appear normal from the outside if stretch but an ohm meter should be able to help find if there is an internal break, pinched wires are generally fairly obvious but not always. Once had a mates entire dash out of his Toyota Celica trying to find a short it turned out when I found it that he had given the harness a bit of a tug :rolleyes: while fitting a new stereo and a multi core wire had sheared inside the insulation causing the short

when I disconnect the fog lamp wiring completely from main harness.when I turn on ignition switch nothing happens

checked the fog light relay,wiring
>Both side of relay of coil has 12+ve.
and the relay is not picking up when I turn the switch on and off
>And also if i connect right fog lamp only..It sparks and gauges comes to life

Cant turn on lights and crank anymore..
>Also check engine light & high coolant temp light/ trip blinks with ignition switch turned off and stops when ignition is turned on.Dont know what it indicates..also trip was erased.

>going through the drawing
will check jumpers in lieu of alarm unit in main harness and indicator relay

seems something to do with -ve ,may be one of the diodes in one of relay may be allowing current flow.

think got close to source of the wiring problem.
with ignition turned on,engine kill in On position, and If I connect -ve ground to Engine management relay coil.everything powers up and able to start the engine.
so think ECU relay wasnt getting picked up and in drawing it appears that its -ve from alaram control unit or the harness connector (photo attached).

My 05 doesn't have alarm unit and does someone know where the -ve wires in that harness connector end up on the other end of harness.when i checked for continuity to ground it is open at he connector

Attachments

• IMAG3495.jpg
    IMAG3495.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG3494.jpg
    IMAG3494.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 68
think got close to source of the wiring problem.
with ignition turned on,engine kill in On position, and If I connect -ve ground to Engine management relay coil.everything powers up and able to start the engine.
so think ECU relay wasnt getting picked up and in drawing it appears that its -ve from alaram control unit or the harness connector (photo attached).

My 05 doesn't have alarm unit and does someone know where the -ve wires in that harness connector end up on the other end of harness.when i checked for continuity to ground it is open at he connector

the ground side of the engine management relay goes through the alarm connector and to engine comp. it supplies ground for almost everything when you turn on ign. you should be able to check ground with your ohm meter at the #12 & 9 at the alarm connector. it might have been possible that you shorted that circuit or it maybe shorted. if it took out the computer you could repair with external relay. it seems like you are on the right track. with everyone working on the problem you can figure it out.
herman

after hours spent troubleshooting and after changing the main harness found the issue.The small connector on main -ve battery cable was disconnected & this was the way it was when I purchased the bike last year so I had not even bothered to check if it had to be connected.for 10,000 miles I had or possibly more -ve ground was through the handle bar as the shortest path.

Back