Maggie valley June 2019

When I bought my 75, it was in 86 while I was still 19 :p. But yeah I'm an old fart, just not as old as some in here. I'm a little below the curve.:whitstling:

Watched a guy at a toy run in 30 degree temps Kind of role off his bike and pulled a cane out from a holder mounted on the bike. He then very slowly walked if you could call it that over to the coffee pot. Had to talk to him and the conversation was more than interesting. Eighty Nine years old and been riding all his life. He earned my respect then and there.

Demanding respect puts one at the very bottom of my respected list... especially when they think they are better and deserve it because they are old
Ooops, slightly misunderstood, sorry! I meant that the children of today have this aura where they seem to think that 'respect' is a given commodity rather than earned through actions or words. To call someone your 'better' was a term used here in the UK for those who were older and wiser. Apologies for any misunderstanding as only said in jest!

Back