Madstad Windscreen

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
After riding on hwy for 45 minutes I can see I don't want to work that hard with oem screen. I don't want to get used to that.

Does anyone have experience with above brand. Size you have, your height, how satisfied you are.
I like how it is attached to the bike, one piece, looks solid. Also a bit wider than others for better protection, not as good for appearance. Thanks in advance!

After riding on hwy for 45 minutes I can see I don't want to work that hard with oem screen. I don't want to get used to that.

Does anyone have experience with above brand. Size you have, your height, how satisfied you are.
I like how it is attached to the bike, one piece, looks solid. Also a bit wider than others for better protection, not as good for appearance. Thanks in advance!
I had their 20" one (I'm 6' tall) and ending up selling it. I didn't like how it looked on the bike and in my opinion it didn't work that well (lots of buffeting). It did have lots of adjustability, but I never could get it to work the way I wanted/needed. Hope this helps.

I had their 20" one (I'm 6' tall) and ending up selling it. I didn't like how it looked on the bike and in my opinion it didn't work that well (lots of buffeting). It did have lots of adjustability, but I never could get it to work the way I wanted/needed. Hope this helps.
Thanks. Maybe the 24 inch would have been better function? Not for appearance though.

Thanks. Maybe the 24 inch would have been better function? Not for appearance though.
It was tall enough and their bracket lets you adjust up and down about 4" and also lets you tilt it or stand it up quite a bit. It just didn't look right and I couldn't get rid of the buffeting, no matter how I adjusted it. It might be personal preference, but for me it just didn't work.

It was tall enough and their bracket lets you adjust up and down about 4" and also lets you tilt it or stand it up quite a bit. It just didn't look right and I couldn't get rid of the buffeting, no matter how I adjusted it. It might be personal preference, but for me it just didn't work.
I don't know if this is the brand, but think they have a minor adjustment for that problem, maybe spacers to change it further out I think. Not sure. Did you ask the company?

The efficacy of the Madstadt, at least for the T120, is that it allows air under the bottom of the shield. This flows up the back of the shield, equalizing the pressure and reducing turbulence. You should be able to adjust it for the R3 to do this. If not, it’s no more than a bigger shield.

attach a set of lowers to the forks. worked wonders with my new screen.

Just installed new madstad screen. Tomorrow will test.
I love the simple design, brackets fit in same holes as stock! 1 freekin screen!
Not tapered like power bronze but I think it still looks OK. Function priority.

Attachments

• 20220119_163524.jpg
    20220119_163524.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 20220119_162716.jpg
    20220119_162716.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 20220119_152228.jpg
    20220119_152228.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 20220119_152221.jpg
    20220119_152221.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
The Madstadt has adjustable tilt and height. Make sure it’s tilted back enough to let air under the screen.

Back