Madstad or Clearview windshield for 2016 Rocket

Pilotdude

Standard Bore
Ride
2016 Rocket
Want upgrade my factory windscreen to a windshield. Do you prefer the Madstad or Clearview windshield? Has anybody tried both? I'm 6 ft even and the factory windscreen pushes the wind just below my neck and face.

Last edited:
Get lower deflectors. That will quiet the ride down. You can use Triumph or get inventive.
R3.jpeg

Any idea on lower deflector sources or templates?
These are Harley. Think they are FLH lowers. Can be found on bBay used or new. Several aftermarket folks make them. The HD chrome has held up to abuse and neglect. Eventually I set them with just one bolt securing the wing on the high end of the forktube. The tab for the upper fix point can be just left there or cut off. The lower tip just clears the blinker. I reset the blinker out with one bolt to hold it in place. They helped me a lot. Quiet the ride, no wobbling. It don't look the best but they work.

20200426_143114_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Those are clones. Ask Gauge, Son Of Mad Dog about all that. He has experimented. Some folk in this group sell a set that clamps to the edge of the stock bard door. I want as less drag as possible with some streamline and a pocket for the helmet. Have fun.

These are Harley. Think they are FLH lowers. Can be found on bBay used or new. Several aftermarket folks make them. The HD chrome has held up to abuse and neglect. Eventually I set them with just one bolt securing the wing on the high end of the forktube. The tab for the upper fix point can be just left there or cut off. The lower tip just clears the blinker. I reset the blinker out with one bolt to hold it in place. They helped me a lot. Quiet the ride, no wobbling. It don't look the best but they work.

20200426_143114_HDR.jpg
Thanks - appreciate the info!

Back