Inseam hard to measure , the wifes away , not letting a fella measure me and if i get a woman might embaress myself cos the wifes been away a while :)

But i the best i can measure is about 28 with maybee the ikon shocks at 1 1/2 inch lower will do it

Hell fire , I had the seat shaved has much has they could on the saddle and the sides , problem seems to be the width of the bike , I bought the touring seat , that helps a bit putting me forward , but the issue is still the height.

I can't stand both feet flat its more an issue when i've got the wife on the back the centre of gravity changes , I've actaully just got off the phone from my dealer and he tells me IKON do a smaller shock for the rt3 , that is shorter by 35 mm , about 1 1/4 inches .

Not sure if this will be enough , dark side are out, here in australia , insurance would be void and a bike defect likely to happen .

Its a real difficult one because on the one hand , i did'nt buy the bike for round town i have another one for that , i bought it for long sunday rides and the occasional overnighter , with a few long tours a year threw in , and when i'm on the road me and the wife love it, me for the handling, her for the comfort .

But every time i come to slow traffic lights ect, and even the tight u turns ect , Then i relize its a monster , and with the wife on the back worry about the size , Would be embaressed to drop it , but thinking more the wife being wrong side of 50 bones break and don't heal like they used to .

Funny enough she's not has worried has me , she says , stop winging and harden the fack up ha ha . .

The normal rocket 3 though is different i can actually touch the floor with both feet on that due to the tank being different.
Sorry, thats all I got ... maybe it's just the wrong bike for what you need. I wouldn't ride anything I didn't feel comfortable on.

Hi, I am also 5'7" and have a similar problem. The forward position of the rear footboards also does not help. But it is getting better the more I ride and get used to it. I have ordered some Ikon Shocks (www.ikonsuspension.com) who do a Rocket shock this is 35mm lower then stock shocks. It has adjustable dampers and pre-load. Notwithstanding the height issue, I do not like the stock shocks as they are too bouncy and bottom out too much with the wife + bag on the back. I spoke to the guy at Ikon and he will put a heavy duty spring on the shock as well. A set of these or the progressives (which I had on my old VTX) should do the trick.

New shocks should be here by the end of April.

I also got the seat shaved but it did nothing as the width of the bike is the issue - not the height.

Keen to know how you get on.

I have the lower Ikons on mine now. I did cut the seat a bit before that but after fitting the Ikons there was no need. I don't have the tourer though, mine is the classic. I am 170cm and now have a slight bend in my knees when flat footed. One thing I have noticed though, sometimes with just myself on the bike it can bottom out, more often with the wife. On the open road if no ready it really jolts the lower back :(

shocks

Been away to the uk so , i've not had the time to get the ikon shocks , glad i did'nt now because i'm actually happy with the triumph shocks , both my wife and myself feel comfortable on the bike , I've decided i'm just gonna do what my wife says and thats shut the hell up whinging , harden up and get out ride it and get used to it .

The ikons sounded good but the botoming out does'nt , one of the main reasons i bought the rt3 was because of its sturdiness , On my old vulcan classic my missis actually bounced up come down and broke the coxic bone she could'nt ride for over 2 years .

Thing is I will say its still a slight problem but the more i ride it the less its bothering me . main thing is go slow and staedy and be aware coming to a stop . off for a 4 day jaunt in a couple of days can't wait ,thats what i got the beast for.

I've also convinced the missis that the problem can be solved easilly , since i'm fine on my own and its only the added weight of 2 up that bothers me and the rt3 is primaraly for long trips that she won't come on ,

then it has to be HER FAULT , .

hence the dyna i have for round town that she won't come on because its uncomfortable will have to get traded on a bike that will be small and nimble enough for round town , and comfortable enough for her on our sunday jaunts , and the occasional overnighter , .

So next week its off to test the thunderbird, , She's scratching her head at the logic but admits its not a bad idea

Just another update , i've just done my 4 day jaunt and decided this frigging thing is such a good tourer there is NO WAY i'll part with it , on the height issue , funny enough a mate who has one was watching me struggle reaching the floor and steadying the bike and said to me , QUOTE your bars are too high UNQUOTE .

So there and then i lowered them has much has i could without hitting the tank , instantly felt in more control turning corners , high speed straights did'nt feel good , so up they come bit at a time , , by the third change ended up with them substancially lower than they were , yet a lot more comfortable at touring speeds , and most importantly it seemed to put me in a position where i was reaching the floor easier . And crazy has it sounds when i take the windscreen off that seems to change the line of sight and makes it even easier to handle in the slow turns ect.

Glad i percavered because now i have no doubts whatsoever the rt3 is the best bike on the market.

Back