Looking to get a 07 classic tourer, any advice?

pwrjunkie80

.040 Over
Hey all. I had an 05 black, but sold it due to military obligations. But I am now in the market to get another, and found an 07 BW classic tourer for 12500. Has 475 miles on it. Does this sound like a good deal to yall? Absolutely showroom. Let me know your thoughts.

Pwrjunkie80

For an 07 Classic with that many miles on it, I wouldn't think that is a bad deal. Are they going to do the first service due at 500 miles?
Dennis

Well unfortunately the owner was killed in a car accident, so the widow just wants the bike gone. So I would be doing the service. I was doing some more research though and saw that the tourer has some differences in the foot placment and the handle bars, is that right? Also are the bags and the windscreen easily removable?

Well unfortunately the owner was killed in a car accident, so the widow just wants the bike gone. So I would be doing the service. I was doing some more research though and saw that the tourer has some differences in the foot placment and the handle bars, is that right? Also are the bags and the windscreen easily removable?

Wow, that's really too bad. At the same time, I sense a little irony about a biker meeting his end in a car...

I personally don't know much about the Touring, but I do own an '07 R3 Classic Tourer. Never removed my 'screen, but it doesn't appear to be very daunting at all. The bags might be a bit more difficult, as there are a couple of bolts that'll need replacing with shorter ones, but again I've never had a reason to remove mine.

You are correct in the foot placement and handlebars! The bars of the Classic and Classic Tourer are more swept-back than those of the standard models, and the Tourer comes with the heel-toe shifter, brake pedal, and driver footboards. Also, the seat is different; it's one piece on the Classics and a detachable-passenger two-piece on the standards.

Ahh, ok, well I might be more well suited for a regular SE then. I like the sound of the different positioning, but I would want easily removable saddle bags ect. just for when I wanna cruise with that cruiser look rather than the tourer look. Thanks for the help.

Junkie

Rocket III Classic Tourer

Hell $12,500 for a 2007 with 475 miles. I only paid $10,000 right off the floor. The dealer has 3 left, let me know if you want one. ;)

Back