Looking for Route suggestions

I say let's plan a euro trip for 2016 I did it in 2010 and loved every minutes of it.
I know how to organise this kind of trip and I would take my ride with me again .
did you see the pictures I posted on this site about the 2010 trip its called riding in Paradise and makes you want to do it again .
for twisties and mountain passes you cannot beat the alps.

Patrick,
I couldn't find that "riding in paradise" in a search.

@1olbull @albertaduke
Wish you guys had come during the last 4 years, lol!
As Alberta said transport may be a better option. If it were me I'd plan 30 days to ride if you can swing it. Even at 2-3 weeks, transport may be cheaper than rental.
The alps are phenomenal. But I'd also say don't miss some other spots. Croatia is a hands down Must Ride!! Also in Germany, check out the Hartz region (central) and of course Schwarzwald. The huge forest between Germany and the nederlands is also spectacular!
Plan for July/August and you'll have no problems with the high passes in the alps! Campers and trailers; well that's another story, but no avoiding!

@1olbull @albertaduke
Wish you guys had come during the last 4 years, lol!
As Alberta said transport may be a better option. If it were me I'd plan 30 days to ride if you can swing it. Even at 2-3 weeks, transport may be cheaper than rental.
The alps are phenomenal. But I'd also say don't miss some other spots. Croatia is a hands down Must Ride!! Also in Germany, check out the Hartz region (central) and of course Schwarzwald. The huge forest between Germany and the nederlands is also spectacular!
Plan for July/August and you'll have no problems with the high passes in the alps! Campers and trailers; well that's another story, but no avoiding!

I hear you ... a whole year is needed for visiting all those fabulous places

last time I saw a french flag on your avatar so i wrote to you in french I am sure you got all the details of that message if not I will do again in chinese huhh I mean english say the word.

Patrick,
I couldn't find that "riding in paradise" in a search.

ok I will search I think it was on the web with a link anyway I will find and let you know but beware after seeing you will bit by the proverbial bug and there will no turning back ..

ok I will search I think it was on the web with a link anyway I will find and let you know but beware after seeing you will bit by the proverbial bug and there will no turning back ..

Surely I shall suffer through the withdral of a pictorial revelation of riding Europe.
Ha ha ha!

Last edited:
A year would be nice, but road warriors can do it in a month. My wife and I hit 11 countries in 30 days and she couldn't take more than 450 miles a day max on her street triple. Plus we spent 3 days in each of the major cities touring. On a sleep and ride mentality you could easily cover Croatia, the alps and Schwarzwald! We went through Prague, Budapest, Vienna, Zadar, Venice, lake Como, Lichtenstein, and Schwarzwald (highlights). I have a bunch of pictures posted back in 2012.
Unfortunately I don't speak a lick of French ;)

A year would be nice, but road warriors can do it in a month. My wife and I hit 11 countries in 30 days and she couldn't take more than 450 miles a day max on her street triple. Plus we spent 3 days in each of the major cities touring. On a sleep and ride mentality you could easily cover Croatia, the alps and Schwarzwald! We went through Prague, Budapest, Vienna, Zadar, Venice, lake Como, Lichtenstein, and Schwarzwald (highlights). I have a bunch of pictures posted back in 2012.
Unfortunately I don't speak a lick of French ;)

I speak a lick of nothing other than English, but enjoy winging it with others.
I would budget 6 weeks for such an adventure . . . if I can put it together with a riding partner.
Now starting to get a serious itch . . .
:roll: :thumbsup:

PM me you're email and I can send you some info on the rides I've taken and links to euro routes, etc! Sounds like you've got a riding partner in Alberta ;)
Big question is where do you fly into (with the bikes).

I speak a lick of nothing other than English, but enjoy winging it with others.
I would budget 6 weeks for such an adventure . . . if I can put it together with a riding partner.
Now starting to get a serious itch . . .
:roll: :thumbsup:
ok steve I uploaded all my pictures of the 2010 ride on google+ it is open to all let me know if you can see the album the R3 bunch(and sausages) was in june at bad bruckenau near franckfurt for the rest well we will sort it out later one pic I am fond of is the little mercedes I came upon on a narrow road I honked and he nearly scrape the paint off to let me pas

ok steve I uploaded all my pictures of the 2010 ride on google+ it is open to all let me know if you can see the album the R3 bunch(and sausages) was in june at bad bruckenau near franckfurt for the rest well we will sort it out later one pic I am fond of is the little mercedes I came upon on a narrow road I honked and he nearly scrape the paint off to let me pas

Patrick,
A link perhaps?
Not familiar with that "+".

Back