Looking for Route suggestions

I can go in and ask for you.
I know there's tons of riding vacation groups, but don't know any that include purchasing options, just rent and guided or solo rides.

I can go in and ask for you.
I know there's tons of riding vacation groups, but don't know any that include purchasing options, just rent and guided or solo rides.

Thanx! This is very interesting!
What thinks you about the best way to do this?

I'll inquire at the bmw shop that does US sales and see if they have that kind of program. Otherwise, I'll look up a few of the links for fly and ride vacations. I know there's one in Ecuador I'd like to do some day too!

Looks like I'll have 3 solid days in the Pyrenees in late May. Anybody have can't miss road recommendations?
I'll be in Normandy area for 4 days then heading to the Pyrenees and returning back to Normandy. Any routes between there would be great too. Planning about 600km/day for nice relaxed riding! Less while in the mountains.
Pyrenees..I'm jealous.

@cardinal93 : sorry to jump in late
On your way down from Tours (I guess you will be checking out the renaissance chateaux all along the Loire river), I would recommend to ride down to La Rochelle, whom city center and harbour history get back to XII th century.
Then Bordeaux. I guess there is no need to tell you how attractive the city is ;-). But apart from wine, the city is a real charm.
After what riding all the way down to the Pays Basque (Biarritz, St Jean de Luz) is a must. Then you can head to Pyrénées.
On your way up, making a stop in Avignon and the Luberon would make sense. While you're at it, head up to Lyon and then go through Bourgogne. Finally, I would consider making at least a stop in Paris !
Anyhow, welcome in France and enjoy the ride.
Feel free to ask.
Bertrand

Trip has officially started. 450 miles yesterday into the region (and a 30 minute section where Mother Nature showed me nonstop who the boss was :( )
275 miles back roads and beautiful scenery today and a visit to some of the beaches. The photos are at Arromanches les Bains.
Was hoping to meet up with @dennisgsy today but didn't work out. Hopefully Sunday!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    598.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Looks like I'll have 3 solid days in the Pyrenees in late May. Anybody have can't miss road recommendations?
I'll be in Normandy area for 4 days then heading to the Pyrenees and returning back to Normandy. Any routes between there would be great too. Planning about 600km/day for nice relaxed riding! Less while in the mountains.
j'oubliais..... le departement de l'aude a des jolies routes encaissees en quittant barcelonne lors de mon road trip en R3 evidement j'ai fait la route des chateaux cathares une merveille pour motard de Montlouis departemantale 118 jusqu'a AXAT departemenantale d117 saint paul de fenouillet departementale D7 ensuite D14 peyrpertuse visite au grau de maury chateau de queribus retour vers la civilisation ensuite
pour les photos prise va sur le thread "riding in Paradise " j'ai mis plein de photos de ces routes c'etait en 2010. si des fois tu passes dans les alpes maritimes les gorge du daluis et du cians valent le detour

Last edited:
Thanx! This is very interesting!
What thinks you about the best way to do this?
bull ... riding in europe is not cheap if you rent a bike!!!! in 2010 I rode for three months all over the alps and pyrenees I think I told you about it naturally price of everything went up since .
if you were to spend a summer there flying your bike to frankfurt would be an economical option from calgary to frankfurt it costed me $ 2100 as cargo and same for the return let me know if you seriously consider doing it I might join you and do it again it is truly paradise when you know where to go

@1olbull nearly every dealership in Germany will rent you a bike (demos) for a day, week, etc. they each set their own price, but you can count on roughly €100/day, so as Alberta said it may be more cost efficient to ship yours? There are also tons of "riding tours" which come with bikes, guides, gear, etc. they run around €1600 for a 7-10 day trip, includes rental equipment and lodging. But you're stuck with their routes and guides (though that's not necessarily a bad thing ;) )

Back