Looking for Route suggestions

cardinal93

Top Fuel
Ride
07 Rocket III Classic, 11 Street Triple R
Looks like I'll have 3 solid days in the Pyrenees in late May. Anybody have can't miss road recommendations?
I'll be in Normandy area for 4 days then heading to the Pyrenees and returning back to Normandy. Any routes between there would be great too. Planning about 600km/day for nice relaxed riding! Less while in the mountains.

Don't have any suggestions, but having spent some time there I wish I was going with you...I'm jealous

Attachments

• Pyrenees.jpg
    Pyrenees.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 0
A friend of mine Richard Laplante wrote a couple of motorcycle books. One of his books "Hog Fever" he details a trip from England through France and down into Spain. You could probably get the book out of the library or buy it on Amazon..:thumbsup: He was telling us how great the trip was. FYI

http://www.amazon.com/Hog-Fever-Richard-La-Plante/dp/0312858302

Looks like I'll have 3 solid days in the Pyrenees in late May. Anybody have can't miss road recommendations?
I'll be in Normandy area for 4 days then heading to the Pyrenees and returning back to Normandy. Any routes between there would be great too. Planning about 600km/day for nice relaxed riding! Less while in the mountains.
there is a german member from around frankfurt who knows the pyrenee like no one else check with him he gave me some pointers last time I rode there (2010) yeah I know ....I am racking my brain to remember his name once I get it I will pas it along BTW make sure you take some of the roads in the dordogne region ..( from perigueux down ,cadouin. vilereal, monpazier etc ..)you will be riding on nice twisties under canopy of trees

I think it's Hans. I've seen him on a few of the forums, but nothing lately. Was hoping a couple of our new French members might pipe in. Would be really cool to meet up with one of them for lunch/ride one day too.

there is a german member from around frankfurt who knows the pyrenee like no one else check with him he gave me some pointers last time I rode there (2010) yeah I know ....I am racking my brain to remember his name once I get it I will pas it along BTW make sure you take some of the roads in the dordogne region ..( from perigueux down ,cadouin. vilereal, monpazier etc ..)you will be riding on nice twisties under canopy of trees

There are also a member from Vienna and one from Belgium.

Riding Europe has been on my bucket list for 35 years.
Wonder if BMW still has that program where one can fly over, pick up a new Beemer, ride Europe then ship home to USA.
Back then the money saved on the purchase offset the shipping costs.

Back