Looking for Route suggestions

Things I've learned in France!

There are no routes avoiding rain on the western side!
You will not find gas on the back roads or small villages along the way!
It's still very cold in late May!
Scenic roads are mostly one lane!
Food is great!
1500 miles in It's all worth it ;) I'll be in the Pyrenees by this afternoon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
@1olbull nearly every dealership in Germany will rent you a bike (demos) for a day, week, etc. they each set their own price, but you can count on roughly €100/day, so as Alberta said it may be more cost efficient to ship yours? There are also tons of "riding tours" which come with bikes, guides, gear, etc. they run around €1600 for a 7-10 day trip, includes rental equipment and lodging. But you're stuck with their routes and guides (though that's not necessarily a bad thing ;) )

IF/When I do this, a "guided tour" will NOT be considered.
I prefer to wing it and plan no more than 15 minutes ahead of my front wheel.
:D
"€100/day" How much is this in US $?

@1olbull Depends on the exchange rate at the time. A year ago it was $130. Last month it was $105. Today it's $110. But talking with the BMW dealership in my town it's not a set price and the longer you rent the bike, the better price you can get.
You'll be limited to schengen nations, but that shouldn't be a problem for you unless you wanted to drive to places like Slovakia, Latvia, etc. you'll be cleared hot in all of the alps countries, and major euro nations.
Another pic from yesterday in France

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 0
@1olbull Depends on the exchange rate at the time. A year ago it was $130. Last month it was $105. Today it's $110. But talking with the BMW dealership in my town it's not a set price and the longer you rent the bike, the better price you can get.
You'll be limited to schengen nations, but that shouldn't be a problem for you unless you wanted to drive to places like Slovakia, Latvia, etc. you'll be cleared hot in all of the alps countries, and major euro nations.
Another pic from yesterday in France

Pardon my ignorance, but what is "schengen" and "cleared hot" mean?

@1olbull
Schengen refers to open borders within the EU. For instance no passport check driving from Germany into Austria or France. But there are some countries which are "EU" which are not Schengen and the rental agreements have certain limitations to them. I don't imagine it would impact much where you'd want to ride. If you look up rental car companies in Europe most of them will have a map showing travel eligibility. I would imagine your motorcycle agreement would be similar.
Cleared hot just means you can go into them without expecting any interference or problems.

IF/When I do this, a "guided tour" will NOT be considered.
I prefer to wing it and plan no more than 15 minutes ahead of my front wheel.
:D
"€100/day" How much is this in US $?
hey if you are going let's talk about it see you in ephrata in june I can supply you with many good info heck I might even go too!!

@1olbull
Schengen refers to open borders within the EU. For instance no passport check driving from Germany into Austria or France. But there are some countries which are "EU" which are not Schengen and the rental agreements have certain limitations to them. I don't imagine it would impact much where you'd want to ride. If you look up rental car companies in Europe most of them will have a map showing travel eligibility. I would imagine your motorcycle agreement would be similar.
Cleared hot just means you can go into them without expecting any interference or problems.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that, Amigo. :thumbsup:

hey if you are going let's talk about it see you in ephrata in june I can supply you with many good info heck I might even go too!!

So far I'm only at the brainstorming stage, Patrick.
Have wanted to ride Europe since I was a kid.
Was set to go on a BMW program in 1987 when I came off in a curve at 110mph on my Ninja.
Nearly cashed me in. Plans got cancelled and I, couldn't ride for a few years after.
I have Europe in one hand and OZ in the other of my dream rides.

So far I'm only at the brainstorming stage, Patrick.
Have wanted to ride Europe since I was a kid.
Was set to go on a BMW program in 1987 when I came off in a curve at 110mph on my Ninja.
Nearly cashed me in. Plans got cancelled and I, couldn't ride for a few years after.
I have Europe in one hand and OZ in the other of my dream rides.
I say let's plan a euro trip for 2016 I did it in 2010 and loved every minutes of it.
I know how to organise this kind of trip and I would take my ride with me again .
did you see the pictures I posted on this site about the 2010 trip its called riding in Paradise and makes you want to do it again .
for twisties and mountain passes you cannot beat the alps.

Back