Looking for Battery Experts

I guess a fancy expensive battery is OK if that floats your boat. Nothing wrong with that. Have kind of figured out the OEM or similar works just fine if charging system on bike is working. Of course you have to ride the bike in order to make the charging system work. Running a battery from battery plus and it works fine even in really cold weather but then again the bikes charging system works daily. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Battery recommendations is in the "General Tech Talk" That's the only discussion on battery CCA's I've seen. Back in Jan. 2019? Boy, I'd like to get a higher one for mine. sometimes if not rode over a week ,she is slow to start. I hope I don't start something with that statement! It's a great time of the year for Christmas songs......AC/DC "Mistress for Christmas" Happy holidays to all !!

Are winter temps are nowhere near yours my friend. Here in Oklahoma we may drop down into the teens for a short time but average is mid twenties to thirties which is rideable. There has been a few times when snow has kept me off the bike for a few days. When that happens i pull the battery and bring it inside. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

For me batteries are like welding equipment. Criteria are:

1 - Is the Red or Blue store near you - pick the color so you can buy local
2 - Does it meet your spec - Don't under buy
3 - Realize the difference in fancy specs only makes a difference to 0.1% that have super-human abilities

Translated - Local motorcycle store, Batteries+Bulbs, Wally world, auto parts, etc are where I get my batteries. I can save a few bucks mail order, but I'm too impatient to wait a week or more for replacement

Efforts spent looking for "best " battery are better directed on ensuring your battery is always charged - ride it, tender it etc. Make sure to keep top clean - a little sweat on a dirty battery will allow discharge. And like Sonny says, don't let them get in the deep freeze.

here is one of several I found.
2B553F35-B2A1-4424-BBCD-AC912AB953E8.png

Impressive! :thumbsup:
I eat my words! :sick: o_O
Shall look into this X Rated MX20L
If you know of others, please inform.

As discussed in the previous thread - (links posted in two of my responses here - just look), just because they claim 500 (or in this case, 500+) doesn't make it so, nor make it useful for the Rocket.

You could buy that, and let us know how it works for you.

Of course, being down south, may be just fine.

You called an Englishman a Spaniard and he did not curse you out:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: WTF is this World coming to.:D
Mainly coz I'm NOT an Englishman. I was conceived, born and initially raised within the Spanish Main.

Could be a lot worse - He could have called me Scottish - or American.

Last edited:
Back