Battersea

Turbocharged
Have just completed the first long trip on my Classic and found that my backside started to complain after a couple of hours of non-stop riding. Never had this problem on my H-D Fatboy so am assuming the Rocket seat and my bum ain't quite compatible.

Anyone know how the standard Classic seat and the Longhaul Classic seat differ please? I can get hold of a new Longhaul for half normal price.

Have just completed the first long trip on my Classic and found that my backside started to complain after a couple of hours of non-stop riding. Never had this problem on my H-D Fatboy so am assuming the Rocket seat and my bum ain't quite compatible.

Anyone know how the standard Classic seat and the Longhaul Classic seat differ please? I can get hold of a new Longhaul for half normal price.
Pic deleted..
I have the classic on my 05 beats the previous Gel seats and backrest are great. I would go for it at half price :D

IMHO, the foam that Triumph uses for their seats is made for smaller riders. Those of us that carry a few stones more than others will quickly overwhelm the foam and basically sit on the pan. I have even had my seat (same as pictured above) modified by Rick Mayer (who really does wonderful work) but the underlying foam is just not up to holding my considerable poundage. I've sold my custom seat and have ordered a Corbin Dualtour in hopes that the firm (i.e. hard) Corbin foam will work a bit better.

Save your money and buy the airhawk r

I have 35,000 miles on that seat and love it. I must admit two things one being if Ian did not get to TD seat first I would be trying it on mine.

two I think I qualify as one of them fellers TD was talking about with not alot of ass in the seat.

I think your ride will change with the back support.

Do not have the back support myself just the stock seat on my 07 on advice of some friends. I went to Walmart and bought the Coleman ATV pad the straps go right under the seat mounts up perfect I use it when I'm riding by myself it does a excellent job and is only $20, I know I'm cheap but it is the best $20 I've ever spent :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice, I will go over to the dealer that is selling the seat and have a look, they might even let me fit it to test the comfort factor.

Had a look at the Longhaul - waste of time, its identical to the standard seat except for the back rest. Its not back support I need but more padding.

Back