Longest Life rear tire for Roadster?

NO WAY 10K miles on a rear tire!
5 - maybe 7K for me.
Just the cost of enjoying the performance and handling of the BEAST!

How does the difference in 'aspect ratio' from stock "50" to the Exedra Max's "55" affect things? Is the rise in seat height noticeable?
I don't notice. The Rocket has always been marginally too big for me, and I'm shrinking by the year.

My r3t is still on it's original Metzlers at 4000 miles, and they are pretty OK, but they look like they'll be done around 6000 or so. I've got my mind set on the Avon Cobras to see if there's any chance of them doing me four years or so...assuming I can squeeze in 4000 or so every year, which with my work is a challenge, but a rewarding one if I can do it.

How does the difference in 'aspect ratio' from stock "50" to the Exedra Max's "55" affect things? Is the rise in seat height noticeable?

Rear axle raises about ½ inch and improves handling.
This brings both axles level to the pavement.
A 140 front lowers the front axle about ½ inch and further improves handling.

I would expect that it might make it handle a little "quicker". The Rocket has a good bit of rake, the taller rear might effectively cut that down just a bit. Which is something I'd like.

Yeah, you need about 1000 miles on the bike to build the muscle memory with the darkside tire. My first one lasted 29k and the second lasted 32k miles.

Honestly, I don't hate the Darkside. First day or two I wasn't real happy, but with some time to get used to it and play with tire pressures I find it a lot better. Getting much more comfortable, don't think much about it after a week (700 miles or so). I'm probably going to stay with it. It isn't just cost that is a problem with short life, it's dealing with the time to yank the wheel and get it in to have the tire swapped, the need to plan ahead and stay on top of having a replacement around and scheduling long trips around tire life.

Honestly, I don't hate the Darkside. First day or two I wasn't real happy, but with some time to get used to it and play with tire pressures I find it a lot better. Getting much more comfortable, don't think much about it after a week (700 miles or so). I'm probably going to stay with it. It isn't just cost that is a problem with short life, it's dealing with the time to yank the wheel and get it in to have the tire swapped, the need to plan ahead and stay on top of having a replacement around and scheduling long trips around tire life.

In either regard, Happy Trails to ya! o_O

Back