Longer Brake pedal??

Bigj1955

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket 3 Roadster
I installed the FC-17 forward controils on my '16 roadster -mtheywork great - the only thing is that the stock pedal from the roadster is way too short and I can't use the whole surface of the mini board to rest my foot - Any ideas on how/where to get a longer pedal??

IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0090.JPG

What do you have for pipes on your bike? They're quite short!
I just have the extreme blaster attached right to the stock header - I'm trying the minimalist look....;)

Is the pedal longer or just bigger - I need at least 2-3 " in additional length

Can you not just slip your foot under the pedal when not braking?
Nope - not enough clearance for my gigantic feet - the first picture shows how close the board and pedal are in height - in reality I need to angle the board even steeper for comfoirt, and that will take away any clearance between the two - I have a local guy offered to make a new one from steel (won't mess with trying to modify the cast aluminum), but that's at least a $200 deal, before I get it powdercoated

I just have the extreme blaster attached right to the stock header - I'm trying the minimalist look....;)

Is the pedal longer or just bigger - I need at least 2-3 " in additional length

The footrest is much wider, the pedal is about the same length. Adjust the position of the pedal so your foot fits underneath.

Nope - not enough clearance for my gigantic feet - the first picture shows how close the board and pedal are in height - in reality I need to angle the board even steeper for comfoirt, and that will take away any clearance between the two - I have a local guy offered to make a new one from steel (won't mess with trying to modify the cast aluminum), but that's at least a $200 deal, before I get it powdercoated
BE VERY Cautious about too much extra length.
1) The travel required to actuate will increase
2) The leverage will increase and R3 rear brakes lock easily as it is.

And I'm sure the Classic lever will not just bolt on. The pivots etc are designed for the Classic boards and rails. You'll be better off getting something made to measure to the FC mounts.
Expense - yes it is. But it will fit and work.

Back