tman

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Any suggestions on how to extend brake line for higher bars? Does the top line on the ABS junction block remove on the forward side so that the segment of brake line from junction to control can be replaced? If not, how do you extend line?

@tman
Yes is the answer. You can buy just the hose going to the splitter from the bar. Contant Russel or Hela, they will do custom lines for reasonable prices. Barnett I think will also.

Stock lines are already steel braided internally so no need to replace the whole system, its already top notch as delivered in terms of quality.

@tman
Yes is the answer. You can buy just the hose going to the splitter from the bar. Contant Russel or Hela, they will do custom lines for reasonable prices. Barnett I think will also.

Stock lines are already steel braided internally so no need to replace the whole system, its already top notch as delivered in terms of quality.
It doesn't look like the line detaches from the box though on the side going to the handlebar.

Attachments

• junction box.jpg
    junction box.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 7
Ill have a look at mine, I made an assumption based on my other Triumph, it very well could be different!

You're correct sir, ASSumption on my part. You do indeed appear to need the dual lines to the calipers, line to bars, line to ABS module and the splitter.

During the addition of a chair and the leading link I had to modify the ABS brakes on my 2013 roadster. I only replaced the lines from the ABS adapter to the Y piece and then to each caliper. You may need an adapter to mate the male abs connection to your new brake lines. You should be able to do the same for the connection to the lever and reserviour.

Remove the bracket you will notice a screw on the reverse side and when undone you will see that the lines are separate and can be replaced individually.

Last edited:
During the addition of a chair and the leading link I had to modify the ABS brakes on my 2013 roadster. I only replaced the lines from the ABS adapter to the Y piece and then to each caliper. You may need an adapter to mate the male abs connection to your new brake lines. You should be able to do the same for the connection to the lever and reserviour.

Remove the bracket you will notice a screw on the reverse side and when undone you will see that the lines are separate and can be replaced individually.
Yes, I see now that if I take the bracket apart I should be able to replace just the segment of line from there to the master cylinder. Thank you.

Back