Anyone use this brake line kit?

"push piston back trick"?? Local shop changed my lines and they've been spongy, despite much bleeding, since....do tell!
Not saying anyone else is doing wrong but I found the best results

1 fit new hoses and bleed as you normally would get someone to help its a lot easier ( hose kit with a single line to each clipper is best )

2 once you are bleed through and it appears all the air is out and have a good stream of air free fluid coming out when pumped ...now do the nipples up ..piston trick time .

3 make sure master cylinder reservoir cap is off and the reservoir is only about one third full with fluid have lots of clean rags and covering the bike up just in case .

4. carefully without damaging the pads or calliper force the piston back ( the faster you can do this the better ) as far as they will go repeat on the other calliper you will need to stop the first callipers piston coming back in with something solid that is a good fit .

this should force any air back up the lines and out the reservoir repeat 2 or three times .

5 top up fluid as pop lid back go ride for a ride braking as hard and late everywhere that you can .

I found now I could get some heat into my sintered pads so they started working and the bike stops like it should .

SKU: HEL335-6-HOSES-HBF8014-
HEL BRAKE LINE KIT FOR TRIUMPH ROCKET III ROADSTER ABS (2011-2013) 6 HOSES
Part Number: 6 HOSES HBF8014
Yup. Had the dealer install them about 18 months ago. Love them. Significant upgrade in braking feel.

Best way to get the air out is with cable ties .....pump the lever to get it hard and tie it to the grip with cable ties ....leave it for a couple of hours and repeat process and till the lever is hard without pumping ...2 - 3 goes is all it should take
I have to admit , I tried this time and time again to cure the spongeness in my line but to no avail . Always worked in the past with other bikes , just couldn't make it work on the rocket !

I have to admit , I tried this time and time again to cure the spongeness in my line but to no avail . Always worked in the past with other bikes , just couldn't make it work on the rocket !

I do reverse bleeding with a 50ml syringe first and if that doesn’t work then my stash of cable ties come out

Best way to get the air out is with cable ties .....pump the lever to get it hard and tie it to the grip with cable ties ....leave it for a couple of hours and repeat process and till the lever is hard without pumping ...2 - 3 goes is all it should take

Interesting tid-bit this is!
I shall give it a try . . .
Gratitude!

You have ABS and likely need the Dealer Tool to bleed the ECU.

Yup. Had the dealer install them about 18 months ago. Love them. Significant upgrade in braking feel.

Abe,
What did the dealer charge you for that?
I've had a set sitting new in package for almost a year because I'm not inclined & too lazy.

You have ABS and likely need the Dealer Tool to bleed the ECU.
As I mentioned , vacuum bleeder does the trick Steve. If I want to change out the whole system , I bleed , then ride using the brake hard to cycle the ABS a couple of times , then 're bleed . Repeat this a couple of times and the whole system is changed out . No dealer tool required !

Back