Liscense plate redo!!!!!!!!! higher mounted

Are those LED Silver bullets, Geo? Can you provide a link to your source if they're not Kury's and a pic that shows how you mounted them?

sorry to say I don't actually remember the brand. I told my mechanic exactly how, what and where I wanted everything mounted... he did the hard work.

The lights... yes, LED, ... are mounted by drilling a hole thru the luggage rack sides. it's tight but there is enough room to do so without weakening the luggage rack itself. wires run thru the center of the mount and thru the drilled hole. The wire leads back under the seat and connects to the original electrical.

The License plate is a stock on-line purchase with a bit of custom metal work at the base so that the black mount allows exact 2 bolt mounting thru the existing saddle bag mounts. There are existing holes on the mounts. the light above the license is wired to the rear light and brake light. ( you can see the cable if you look close) once it clears the back it goes up under the seat and is wired to the existing electrical.

The only thing I don't like is the lack of side visibility of the turn indicators. there is a small blind spot if a car is just behind my shoulder and the driver is forward of the rear of the bike. any further back , they can see the blinker. any further forward and you can see the front blinker.... But, I always hand signal in traffic anyway.

hope this helps.
cheers
geo

A fellow capt in Sweden wants to move his plate like this. Are they available as a relocation set or home made?

The plate holder is from J&P Cycles online. It is a simple 3-hole plate holder but requires you to drill the holes in the fender. I made my own signal mounts but I see that they are available online now as well. Good luck!!

or you can do this...

cheers
geo
IMG_4045.JPG

Thanks, but thats the way he has it today, now he will have snap on to his saddlebags, so he needs a new location, but still wants to show the tyre

The plate holder is from J&P Cycles online. It is a simple 3-hole plate holder but requires you to drill the holes in the fender. I made my own signal mounts but I see that they are available online now as well. Good luck!!

tdragger, thanks a lot!

Are those LED Silver bullets, Geo? Can you provide a link to your source if they're not Kury's and a pic that shows how you mounted them?

TP,
You can use the Kury version, you need the hollow bolt for the Honda VTX 1800. The hollow bolts replace the rear fendor strut bolt. I had them on mine until I added hardbags. If you go LED, you'll have to get a run-turn-brake controller so your turnsignals don't freak out.

I believe that I still have all of the components in the garage, if you're interested in a used set. Send me a PM if you're interested, and I'll look for them over the weekend when it's not in the teens outside.

led lights

You can put a load resistor 6ohm 25 watt across the signal light and the original flasher unit will work normally. The resistor mimics the light bulb load so the flasher blinks at a normal rate. you need the large wattage rating so it can handle, dissipate, the heat that is generated. i found some online at superbrightleds. for $5.
I've attached some photos of rawdesigns strutto rear signal and the unit they make for the front of an M109. I removed the bolts holding the horn bracket to the fork tree (05R3), replaced them with M8 x 20, put a M8 coupling nut on the bottom and flexed the light bracket till the holes lined up, then used the original bolts into the coupling nut.
They just don't show up till you hit the switch.

Attachments

• DSC00084.jpg
    DSC00084.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC00079.jpg
    DSC00079.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC00082.jpg
    DSC00082.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 176
Back