Liscense plate redo!!!!!!!!! higher mounted

That is not a handicapp plate is it???!!! LOL

I dont think thats NOS I think thats his oxygen bottle set up to look like NOS.

Amazing what stickers can do to the human psychy!!! LOL :D:D:D
(crackin' myself up again!!)

Looking good!

mutt

Maybe you all already know of this but I was considering to move the plate higher on the bike maybe 2 inchs --- have seen adapter kits
costing 50 to 100 bucks....

I removed the plate and saw there are mounting slots about 2 inchs higher on the OEM bracket..........so I mounted the bracket higher!

Ok this leaves about 2 inchs of bare bracket hanging lower than the bottom of the plate.........Not hard to fix got my metal cutting wheel ..put on my skill saw covered all the areas so sparks would not do damage...removed plate...cut a straight line just under the upper slots
and wow....now have moved the plate two inchs higher..and clean and no cost.....and now the rear tire can be seen.......that was easy!

Freightbusten

Great idea . Did mine about two years ago and three rego plates ago with no probs.

Looks much better than the stock placement for nuthin.

I went with the bracket available on ebay and a frame with built in signals. It move it up alot and has mounts for the stock turn signals moved inward quite aways if you choose to use them. P1020319.jpg Notice the front signals are gone too ... they are in the mirrors.

Last edited:
I went with the bracket available on ebay and a frame with built in signals. It move it up alot and has mounts for the stock turn signals moved inward quite aways if you choose to use them. P1020319.jpg Notice the front signals are gone too ... they are in the mirrors.

HF

That is exactly what I am looking for for the rear plate holder with turn signals integrated. do you have a prt number or manufacturer name.

i am writing from Alice Springs Australia and have been looking for this for ages with no luck. Any leads appreciated.

Cheers

Bart:)

You can order the bracket from ...
Rick Ott
B.R.O.T. Inc.
1-800-262-2768
Fax 216-267-5335
WWW.BROT-INC.COM
I don't have a part number but just tell them its for a rocket III. I paid $45 for the bracket. The License plate frame is a cheapie bought off ebay. It looks nice, but there are nicer (and more expensive) ones at some Harley stores I've been too. Once you get the bracket you can either reinstall your stock signals on it or do the frame thing. The mounting ears for the signals are pulled way in toward the center compared to the factory part. Either way it looks alot better without the factory part hanging all over the rear tire. If you go with eliminating your factory signals and replace them with aftermarket lights you will need to get the resistor pack to make them flash slower. A good set of turn signal mirrors will usually come with one included so you might want to do that 1st. Use shrink tubing where you can, everything is exposed to the elements and good luck.

I think I'm going to try and fit some blinkers off an Yamaha Roadstar Warrior to my Rocket, I've got some extra fronts and rears and they have clear lenses. I'll go do that now and take some pics to show off. Be back in a bit.

You can order the bracket from ...
Rick Ott
B.R.O.T. Inc.
1-800-262-2768
Fax 216-267-5335
WWW.BROT-INC.COM
I don't have a part number but just tell them its for a rocket III. I paid $45 for the bracket. The License plate frame is a cheapie bought off ebay. It looks nice, but there are nicer (and more expensive) ones at some Harley stores I've been too. Once you get the bracket you can either reinstall your stock signals on it or do the frame thing. The mounting ears for the signals are pulled way in toward the center compared to the factory part. Either way it looks alot better without the factory part hanging all over the rear tire. If you go with eliminating your factory signals and replace them with aftermarket lights you will need to get the resistor pack to make them flash slower. A good set of turn signal mirrors will usually come with one included so you might want to do that 1st. Use shrink tubing where you can, everything is exposed to the elements and good luck.

Thanks for the info.

I am looking for the fork mounted billet LED indicators to tidy up the front end and will do the integrated licence plate holder for the rear. The billet alumnium only go to 56 mm and the rocket i believe is 59mm so far no luck. Link below shows the black anodised wraparounds i am hoping to fit.

Wrap-Around LED Billet Fork Clamps

Cheers

Bart

Last edited:

A fellow capt in Sweden wants to move his plate like this. Are they available as a relocation set or home made?

Back