Left the Darkside, returned to an Avon

Elvis

Living the Dream!
Ride
2008 R3T
Wow, it has been 14k miles since I last rode on an AVON on the rear. I got used to the bike practically holding itself up at lights and the easier stopping footage. It is like learning to ride all over again. I couldn't even remember what Pressure I used to run but remembered it was similar to a goldwing so I went with 42.

I changed because of the chatter that some say they have experienced in the other states and I am planning a 9 state tour that includes Idaho and Montana in July. Sad thing is the **** thing will probably be wore out when I get back.

Recommended pressure should be in the manual, though. Too much or too little means it will wear out faster.

Recommended pressure should be in the manual, though. Too much or too little means it will wear out faster.
avons run different pressures than metz do. I called avon tech support and got 1-up 38 front & 44 rear, 2-up 41 front and 46 rear.

avons run different pressures than metz do. I called avon tech support and got 1-up 38 front & 44 rear, 2-up 41 front and 46 rear.

wow thanks for that, I have been running 41 up front. I hate the metz and will never buy another pair of those.

I left the "Darkside" a couple of years ago and went to the Avons. Probably have about 7 to 9 K on them now and wearing great. I am glad to hear recommended TP is 38 for the front. I have been running the book recommendation since install, and there is some slight outside wear. I am going to make the adjustment before heading out to the "Salt Mine" this morning.

Back