LED turn signal relay

Yes, you got the wrong one - the JL has the battery and load terminals reversed from the GL
You can still use it if you swap the two wires/terminals in the socket (that would be the two outer ones)
I am always hesitant to recommend this, as somewhere down the road (and possibly a new owner) has a bike with an undocumented wiring change that can cause confusion
But if you can't return/exchange and don't want flush that investment, that solution is simple to do.

Yes, you got the wrong one - the JL has the battery and load terminals reversed from the GL
You can still use it if you swap the two wires/terminals in the socket (that would be the two outer ones)
I am always hesitant to recommend this, as somewhere down the road (and possibly a new owner) has a bike with an undocumented wiring change that can cause confusion
But if you can't return/exchange and don't want flush that investment, that solution is simple to do.

New one on the way, thank you.

Good to know as I also had the wrong one and was pulling my hair out trying to get them working 😩

Good to know as I also had the wrong one and was pulling my hair out trying to get them working 😩
I just installed the chrome-glow led fender eliminator kit and needed an led relay to stop the hyper flash. After reading this thread and seeing the recommended flasher relay here, I went to my local Oreilly auto parts to see what they might have in stock. I came across this EP35 led relay with the identical pin layout as the stock one and it works great! Only 15 bucks and I didnt have to wait for a delivery!

I just installed the chrome-glow led fender eliminator kit and needed an led relay to stop the hyper flash. After reading this thread and seeing the recommended flasher relay here, I went to my local Oreilly auto parts to see what they might have in stock. I came across this EP35 led relay with the identical pin layout as the stock one and it works great! Only 15 bucks and I didnt have to wait for a delivery!

Attachments

• 20220418_041056.jpg
    20220418_041056.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 9
Yeah, I'm confused. Why not just swap out the relay with an electronic relay made for use w/ LEDs? Not sure about the number off the top of my head, but THINK it's a CF-13. You can find them on Amazon if you search for CF-13 LED flasher relay.

Unless I'm missing something.....
I bought a cf13 didn't work... But a cf14 did

Back