LED turn signal relay

Yeah, I'm confused. Why not just swap out the relay with an electronic relay made for use w/ LEDs? Not sure about the number off the top of my head, but THINK it's a CF-13. You can find them on Amazon if you search for CF-13 LED flasher relay.

Unless I'm missing something.....

Yeah, I'm confused. Why not just swap out the relay with an electronic relay made for use w/ LEDs? Not sure about the number off the top of my head, but THINK it's a CF-13. You can find them on Amazon if you search for CF-13 LED flasher relay.

Unless I'm missing something.....

Not sure what's confusing? This relay is designed for use with LEDs, I've never done anything like this before so I posted it up to see if anyone else had ever used this or if there's alternatives which you gave me.

i think maybe...there is a difference between the Roadster and for example a classic or similar in that the Roadster has a 3 pin plug...the others dont....i might be wrong however. The 3 pin plug is the only 3 pin plug under the right side panel.

Here you go...
Under the right side panel, the one with the key hole, look for this.....
20180721_181043.jpg
20180721_181105.jpg

and replace with this part....

20180721_180854.jpg

No problems, I wasn't meaning to sound condescending or anything. That's the first time I've seen that contraption and was just wondering if it had some sort of advantage over the standard electronic flasher relay. Yeah, you should just be able to get an electronic CF-13 designed for LED's. Be advised, so you're going into it fully aware, some have had issues when switching to the LED flasher relay. Sometimes there are issues w/ feedback through the blue high beam indicator in the instrument cluster where it stays on and/or (what I have) where the green arrow in my cluster doesn't blink-it's either on or off, but the blinkers work fine. Someone on here just posted about using a load equalizer resistor to correct that.

No problems, I wasn't meaning to sound condescending or anything. That's the first time I've seen that contraption and was just wondering if it had some sort of advantage over the standard electronic flasher relay. Yeah, you should just be able to get an electronic CF-13 designed for LED's. Be advised, so you're going into it fully aware, some have had issues when switching to the LED flasher relay. Sometimes there are issues w/ feedback through the blue high beam indicator in the instrument cluster where it stays on and/or (what I have) where the green arrow in my cluster doesn't blink-it's either on or off, but the blinkers work fine. Someone on here just posted about using a load equalizer resistor to correct that.

You didn't come across as condescending at all, you offered advice and I thank you.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I'm going to work on it this weekend.

I installed the LED's today with this relay and nothing....I then took the fronts out and replaced the small bulbs with full size 1156 bulbs leaving the LED's
in the back and put the original relay back in and it works great. The fronts are way brighter and the rears are an easy 2X brighter.

This is the relay I bought that did nothing. CLICK

This is the LED's I bought CLICK

I installed the LED's today with this relay and nothing....I then took the fronts out and replaced the small bulbs with full size 1156 bulbs leaving the LED's
in the back and put the original relay back in and it works great. The fronts are way brighter and the rears are an easy 2X brighter.

This is the relay I bought that did nothing. CLICK

This is the LED's I bought CLICK
That is the wrong flasher it is a CF13JL-02. You Need a CF13GL-02.

Back