Not for me, but I've not had the parking lights since I installed the Eastern Beaver relay system on 12/27/10.
Judging by what's written above, apparently if you still have the parking lights you have to leave the bulbs in and tuck them inside the headlight shell??

Not for me, but I've not had the parking lights since I installed the Eastern Beaver relay system on 12/27/10.
Judging by what's written above, apparently if you still have the parking lights you have to leave the bulbs in and tuck them inside the headlight shell??
Gotcha! Thanks for the info brother,!

So what exactly did you do to get your LEDs working properly?
I'm looking at grabbing a set of Funlove'a as well.
Thanks in advance!
The parking light sockets are soft plastic that will collapse and short out if you remove the bulbs and the sockets are somehow compressed.
Some folks leave the bulbs in and just tuck them in back.
I cut the sockets off and wired in a usb plug off one (to keep phone charged) and a voltage gauge off the other. Working fine so far.

The parking light sockets are soft plastic that will collapse and short out if you remove the bulbs and the sockets are somehow compressed.
Some folks leave the bulbs in and just tuck them in back.
I cut the sockets off and wired in a usb plug off one (to keep phone charged) and a voltage gauge off the other. Working fine so far.
Great idea!
Where'd you mount the USB and voltage gauge?

I have both, added 3.5" LED to either side of stock headlight on a separate power/relay feed. I Like the idea of having redundancy if headlights fails. and additional span at the flick of switch.

I'll upgrade the bulbs in stock bowls at some point

more lights1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea!
Where'd you mount the USB and voltage gauge?

Here is a pic. The blue light to the right of the tach is the USB port. A double port, so I can charge phone, Cardo unit, Garmin InReach, AntiGravity lantern/bluetooth speaker, as needed over the course of a week's camping trip or an IBA ride. The USB unit is ziptied to the handlebar for now; the voltage gauge is mounted to one of the bolts holding down the speedo/tach unit.

unnamed.jpg

Here is a pic. The blue light to the right of the tach is the USB port. A double port, so I can charge phone, Cardo unit, Garmin InReach, AntiGravity lantern/bluetooth speaker, as needed over the course of a week's camping trip or an IBA ride. The USB unit is ziptied to the handlebar for now; the voltage gauge is mounted to one of the bolts holding down the speedo/tach unit.

unnamed.jpg
Right on! Love the set-up! Thanks brother

Looking for a bit of help on this topic... I’ve basically experienced the same I shorted the circuit not having the parking light connected and the soft gland allowed the bulb terminals to short after realising this I sorted it and all lights working ok for 20mins, Now the fuse blew and I have replaced it. 5amp and checked all other, all ok, now I have no lights to any headlamp or tail lights! All fuses ok? Could I of blew the relay?
All other lights work brake and indicators.

Back