LEAN ANGLE for Claviger

Nay Nay, Brutay.
While you are in the turn measurements are recorded but the screen does not display.
After the turnis complete the screen displays the data.

It should be noted that the lean angles recorded are the static type, through the frame, and will be a little larger than the actual dynamic lean, depending on rider position.

So, if you drive out of the curve instead of sliding across the asphalt on your ass then your lean angle was OK? And you need a monitor for this??? Just wondering. ;) :)

No, we do not need this; however, those that are interested in "cleaning" up their riding and becoming smoother will fid it to be a useful tool.
The frame lean angle is just the reference centroid. Lateral g-force (cornering), acceleration g-force and braking g-force are the requisite inputs.

leanometer.jpg

Triumph publish lean angles in the manual and some advertising. ..its around 35° both sides.

I know this isn't the core point of this thread - just an additional piece of trivia for those of us reading with interest!

Triumph publish lean angles in the manual and some advertising. ..its around 35° both sides.

I know this isn't the core point of this thread - just an additional piece of trivia for those of us reading with interest!

Sounds about right to me, based only on my experience dragging everything on my R3R.

When I can get a couple pair of extra hands, I will do a static check on mine.

Last edited:
Can’t find one of these for sale anywhere anymore. Seems a product that went the way of the dodo. There are others out there though.

Back